Problem entering pt_BR.UTF-8 chars in cogvm

Problem entering pt_BR.UTF-8 chars in cogvm

CdAB63

 When using cogvm, typing ~a results in a? and not ã. Same with all
accented characters. I tried all combinations of -encoding -texenc...
This problem happens in vm running in Linux (Fedora 13).

Best regards,

CdAB

Re: Problem entering pt_BR.UTF-8 chars in cogvm

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Casimiro,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <[hidden email]> wrote:

 When using cogvm, typing ~a results in a? and not ã. Same with all
accented characters. I tried all combinations of -encoding -texenc...
This problem happens in vm running in Linux (Fedora 13).

if you're confident dealing with X11 you'll find the differences in platforms/unix/vm-display-X11 between trunk and Cog.  I would gratefully integrate any fixes here.

TIA
Eliot

Em 24-08-2010 18:16, Eliot Miranda escreveu:

Hi Casimiro,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <[hidden email]> wrote:

 When using cogvm, typing ~a results in a? and not ã. Same with all
accented characters. I tried all combinations of -encoding -texenc...
This problem happens in vm running in Linux (Fedora 13).

if you're confident dealing with X11 you'll find the differences in platforms/unix/vm-display-X11 between trunk and Cog.  I would gratefully integrate any fixes here.
I'll take a look at that next week. Will be more than happy to help.

CdAB

TIA
Eliot

Best regards,