Problem generating Mac VM...

Mariano Martinez Peck

Hi Igor. There is a problem with the latest CogVM blessed and what it is in CogMacOSConfig. If you try to do a cmake you will have this error:

-- Configuring done
CMake Error at SoundPlugin/CMakeLists.txt:17 (add_library):
  Cannot find source file:

    /Users/mariano/Pharo/VM/git/cogVM1/blessed/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqMacAudioDeviceList.c

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

-- Build files have been written to: /Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/build

This is because in CogMacOSConfig>> configureSoundPlugin: maker
    "extra rules for SoundPlugin"

    super configureSoundPlugin: maker.
    maker includeDirectories: '${platformsDir}/unix/vm/'.
    maker addPlatformSources:
        #(
            'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'
            'sqMacUnixInterfaceSound.c'
            'sqUnixSoundMacOSXJMM.c'
        )

you are including    'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'   which is NOT present in Cog VM blessed, as you can see here:  https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/trees/master/platforms/Mac%20OS/plugins/SoundPlugin

Of course, if I remove that line from the cong, it works.

Then I check and I saw a commit from Eliot that says:

Author: eliot
Date: 2011-04-01 12:39:21 -0700 (Fri, 01 Apr 2011)
New Revision: 2376

Removed:
  branches/Cog/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqMacAudioDeviceList.c

So...apparently that file was removed (I don't know why) from the SVN. Maybe someone commited that to the git repository but without updating the conf ?

what is the correct procedure here?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem generating Mac VM...

Igor Stasenko

On 9 April 2011 18:41, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't understand why this didn't happen to Hudson. Maybe it is because the hudson bulds are getting the git from Igor and not the blessed...

yes. i need to sync them out.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Problem generating Mac VM...

Mariano Martinez Peck

Can I commit now a CMakeVMMaker version where I remove the 'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'   from CogMacOSConfig>> configureSoundPlugin:   ?   This way at least I guarantee that people can build the VM in mac from the blessed git. And then, when you sync, we really see what has to be done (if removing, like I did, or putting back the file).

Thanks

Mariano

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 9 April 2011 18:41, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't understand why this didn't happen to Hudson. Maybe it is because the hudson bulds are getting the git from Igor and not the blessed...

yes. i need to sync them out.

> cheers
>
> mariano
>
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Igor. There is a problem with the latest CogVM blessed and what it is in CogMacOSConfig. If you try to do a cmake you will have this error:
>>
>> -- Configuring done
>> CMake Error at SoundPlugin/CMakeLists.txt:17 (add_library):
>>   Cannot find source file:
>>
>>     /Users/mariano/Pharo/VM/git/cogVM1/blessed/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqMacAudioDeviceList.c
>>
>>   Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
>>   .hxx .in .txx
>>

>> -- Build files have been written to: /Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/build
>>

>> This is because in CogMacOSConfig>> configureSoundPlugin: maker
>>     "extra rules for SoundPlugin"
>>
>>     super configureSoundPlugin: maker.
>>     maker includeDirectories: '${platformsDir}/unix/vm/'.
>>     maker addPlatformSources:
>>         #(
>>             'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'
>>             'sqMacUnixInterfaceSound.c'
>>             'sqUnixSoundMacOSXJMM.c'
>>         )
>>

>> you are including    'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'   which is NOT present in Cog VM blessed, as you can see here:  https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/trees/master/platforms/Mac%20OS/plugins/SoundPlugin
>>
>> Of course, if I remove that line from the cong, it works.
>>
>> Then I check and I saw a commit from Eliot that says:
>>

>> Author: eliot
>> Date: 2011-04-01 12:39:21 -0700 (Fri, 01 Apr 2011)
>> New Revision: 2376
>>
>> Removed:
>>   branches/Cog/platforms/Mac OS/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqMacAudioDeviceList.c
>>

>> So...apparently that file was removed (I don't know why) from the SVN. Maybe someone commited that to the git repository but without updating the conf ?
>>
>> what is the correct procedure here?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Problem generating Mac VM...

Mariano Martinez Peck

Done.

Name: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.70
Author: MarianoMartinezPeck
Time: 10 April 2011, 3:13:10 pm
UUID: d623cdcf-4865-4a27-bbf4-960f4e6ae1f4
Ancestors: CMakeVMMaker-MarianoMartinezPeck.69

'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c' was commented from CogMacOSConfig >> configureSoundPlugin:

Because such file is not commited in the cog blessed commit hash f3fe94c828f66cd0e7c37cfa3434e384ff65915e. For more details see http://forum.world.st/Problem-generating-Mac-VM-td3438466.html

cheers

Mariano