Problem loading Metacello [WAS] The road to 1.0

Problem loading Metacello [WAS] The road to 1.0

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. I changed the subject as I think I found a problem.

Gofer new
    gemsource: 'metacello';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
    load.

This download only the ConfigurationOfMetacello. Perfect.

Now, I just evaluate this:

 ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project version: '1.0-beta.25')

And that, downloads Metacello!!!  Why ?? If I didn't do any load of the version ? is that correct ? I would expect that code not to load anything about the project until I said "load". Maybe I am wrong...just wanted to be sure.

So, to load Metacello is not needed the load ?

Even more, aftere valuating that, I print

ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion

and I get  ~1.0-beta.24.1 [ConfigurationOfMetacello]

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Problem loading Metacello [WAS] The road to 1.0

Dale
Mariano,

If Metacello hasn't been bootstrapped yet, sending the #project message to ConfigurationOfMetacello will bootstrap the latest version of Metacello (in this case 1.0-beta.24.1).

You still need to do the load to get 1.0-beta.25, because it is still under #development.

Dale
----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale. I changed the subject as I think I found a problem.
|
| Gofer new
|     gemsource: 'metacello';
|     package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
|     load.
|
| This download only the ConfigurationOfMetacello. Perfect.
|
| Now, I just evaluate this:
|
|  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project version:
| '1.0-beta.25')
|
| And that, downloads Metacello!!!  Why ?? If I didn't do any load of
| the
| version ? is that correct ? I would expect that code not to load
| anything
| about the project until I said "load". Maybe I am wrong...just wanted
| to be
| sure.
|
| So, to load Metacello is not needed the load ?
|
| Even more, aftere valuating that, I print
|
| ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion
|
| and I get  ~1.0-beta.24.1 [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
|
| Cheers
|
| Mariano

| |
| | > Mariano,
| | >
| | > Try using Metacello 1.0-beta.25 ... today I've just run through
| | > latest for Seaside3.0/Seaside2.8/Moose so I don't anticipate to
| many
| | changes
| | > and if you run into other troubles now would be a good time. So
| I've
| | tried
| | > the following to good effect (once 1.0-beta.25 is loaded
| noisily):

| | >  | version |
| | >  version := ConfigurationOfMetacello project version:
| | '1.0-beta.25'.
| | >  version silently: true.
| | >  version load: 'ALL'.

| |
| | Here I have a problem. Evaluating this:
| |
| |
| | Gofer new
| |     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
| |     package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
| |     load.
| |
| |
| |  version := ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello) project
| | version:
| | '1.0-beta.25').
| |  version silently: true.
| |
| | Gives me a DNU with silently:
| |
| | After that, I checked evaluating:
| |
| | ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion
| |
| | and prints   ~1.0-beta.24.1 [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
| |
| | Instead of beta.25. Of course, in 24.1 there was no silently, and
| | thus, the
| | DNU.
| |
| | Any idae how can I fix this ?  do you know when you are going to
| | release
| | beta25 ?
| |
| | As I want to release PharoRC3 SOON I want so see if I rollback my
| | change
| | (not a big deal at all) or if I wait.
| |
| | Thanks a lot Dale.
| |
| | Mariano
| |
| |
| |

| | > and it should work if you with ConfigurationOfPharo...
| | >
| | > Dale

| | bar.
| | have
| progress
| | bar
| | > |
| | > |
| | load
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | sending
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| is
| | in

| | suggested.

| | loadType:

| mixing
| | ?

| <[hidden email]>

| | this

| | originally I
| | don't
| so
| | put
| | into

| the

| progress
| | bar

| | '1.0')

| | progress
| | specify
| | packages.

| externally
| | is
| | log
| | maybe
| useful
| | for
| | where
| file
| | and
| mason).
| | But
| | infrastructure

| | > |
| with
| | the
| | >
| | > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to metacello+
| | > unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words
| | "REMOVE
| | > ME" as the subject.

| |