Problem with Beryl

Francisco A. Lizarralde
Hi All,

Some time ago I tried Croquet on my laptop without problem. But after installing Beryl, the Croquet window became transparent and when I tried to run the Demo (Master) I received a "GL_ARB_transpose_matrix is not present" error.
Is Beryl incompatible with Croquet ?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
Probalo ya!

Re: Problem with Beryl

David A Smith
Perhaps Beryl installs an earlier version of OpenGL? Croquet requires at
least OpenGL v. 1.4. GL_ARB_transpose_matrix was promoted to a core
feature in v 1.3.

David

Francisco Lizarralde wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Some time ago I tried Croquet on my laptop without problem. But after
> installing Beryl, the Croquet window became transparent and when I
> tried to run the Demo (Master) I received a "GL_ARB_transpose_matrix
> is not present" error.
> Is Beryl incompatible with Croquet ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Francisco

> *Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.*
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en *Yahoo! Respuestas* (Beta).
> *Probalo ya! <http://ar.answers.yahoo.com>*

Re: Problem with Beryl

Francisco A. Lizarralde

I'll try to install a new version of OpenGL.
Thank you very much, for your answer.
Regards,

Francisco
David A Smith <[hidden email]> escribió:
Perhaps Beryl installs an earlier version of OpenGL? Croquet requires at
least OpenGL v. 1.4. GL_ARB_transpose_matrix was promoted to a core
feature in v 1.3.

David

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
Probalo ya!

Re: Problem with Beryl

Ric Moore
On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 12:12 -0300, Francisco Lizarralde wrote:

> I'll try to install a new version of OpenGL.
> Thank you very much, for your answer.
> Regards,
If you have an nVidia card, use the offical nVidia driver from nVidia. I
also added -xshm in the Croquet.sh file just after the X11 call:

exec "$EXE/squeak" -plugins "$EXE" \
        -vm-display-X11 -xshm -swapbtn \
        "$DIR/$IMAGE"

With openGL in firmware instead of software, you'll get some speed
gains. Mine went up from 18 fps to 30 or so, depending on the system
load. Not shabby. I have a LOT of stuff running all the time, so a
devoted Croquet machine would do much better. I'm thinking of editing my
run-level 4 so that I'm in X-11 with networking on and nothing else
enabled. In Fedora init-level 3 is text and 5 is X11. Oh yes, glxgears
reports about 1200fps, so if I can optimize Croquet and kill off all of
the multitasking going on, it could be truly awesome. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net