Problem with Pen class Squeak 4.2 update #10977 on OSX

caw

Problem with Pen class Squeak 4.2 update #10977 on OSX

caw
Hi folks

OSX 10.6.7 Intel
Squeak 4.2 update #10977

running the example from the Pen class
Display restoreAfter:
[Pen new squareNib: 2; color: Color red; turn: 45;
        print: 'The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea green
boat.' withFont: TextStyle defaultFont]

draws a patterned red line at the correct angle, but with no recognisable text.

same problem with the "Terse guide to squeak" Pen example.

I'm not sure where to look to see if this is a known problem... and if
there's a fix :?

thanks

chris

--
A/Prof Chris Wright FCICM FRACP MBBS
Department of Medicine,

Re: Problem with Pen class Squeak 4.2 update #10977 on OSX

Jerome Peace
Hi Chris,

I tried your code in a 4.3 squeak and got your described results. Went back to a 3.9 squeak and got the results expected with the printing actually working. So I suspect there is a problem. I suspect it is not known. I wonder if the problem is that color is now setting both foreground and background.

I am not actively doing bug tracking in squeak right now. So hopefully someone else will look to see what changed. Anyway you have found a real bug. A good place to note it would be on the squeak-dev list and the mantis bug tracker.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view_all_bug_page.php