Problem with SyntaxError (was: 4.2 Underscore assignments)

1 message Options

Problem with SyntaxError (was: 4.2 Underscore assignments)

laza
2011/1/26 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]>
[...] see if Compiler recompileAll barfs or not.

No barfing doing this in the latest trunk image, so I guess this means we are underscore clean.

Just to double check I converted an := to _ in some method and did Compiler recompileAll again
and got a SyntaxError on just that method. Fine.

What's not that dandy is, that even if you close the SyntaxError window the SystemProgressMorph won't disappear.
It looks like SyntaxError suspends the compiling process and will only activate it again when you correct the error and
accept the corrected code. Just closing the window will leave a suspended compiling process in the system and the
ensure block to end the progress display never gets executed.
My proposed fix for this would be to explicitly terminate the compiling process on window close. (See Inbox)

Alex