Problem with project loading

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
I ran across this issue when loading project in attachment.

SmartRefStream>>reshapedClassesIn:
--
 originalName := renamed keyAtValue: outp name
ifAbsent: [renamedConv at: ind ifAbsent: [outp name]].

It will wrongfully give #TextPlusMorph originalName #AlansTextPlusMorph because of:

SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
renamed
at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
at: #Project put: #MorphicProject;
at: #Presenter put: #EtoysPresenter;
yourself

How do we best guard against false positives here ?

Best,
Karl

GeeMailTest.001.pr (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with project loading

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Karl

I wanted to have a look which morphs are in the

     GeeMailTest.001.pr

project file.  I dropped it into a Squeak 3.2 image and got a
#classVersion is not understood error. The same happens in a Squeak
3.6 image.

Which Squeak version did you use to produce the test file?

Best
Hannes

GeeMailTest.001.pr_Karl_Ramberg_2018-05-13_dropped into_Squeak3.2-4956.png (99K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with project loading

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
That would be a 3.8 image.

Best,
Karl

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:39 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Karl

I wanted to have a look which morphs are in the

     GeeMailTest.001.pr

project file.  I dropped it into a Squeak 3.2 image and got a
#classVersion is not understood error. The same happens in a Squeak
3.6 image.

Which Squeak version did you use to produce the test file?

Best
Hannes

On 5/13/18, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I ran across this issue when loading project in attachment.
>
> SmartRefStream>>reshapedClassesIn:
> --
>  originalName := renamed keyAtValue: outp name
> ifAbsent: [renamedConv at: ind ifAbsent: [outp name]].
>
> It will wrongfully give #TextPlusMorph originalName #AlansTextPlusMorph
> because of:
>
> SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
> renamed
> at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
> at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
> at: #Project put: #MorphicProject;
> at: #Presenter put: #EtoysPresenter;
> yourself
>
> How do we best guard against false positives here ?
>
> Best,
> Karl

Re: Problem with project loading

Hannes Hirzel
Yes, this is a good test case.

On 5/23/18, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> That would be a 3.8 image.
>
> Best,
> Karl
>

> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:39 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Karl
>>
>> I wanted to have a look which morphs are in the
>>
>>      GeeMailTest.001.pr
>>
>> project file.  I dropped it into a Squeak 3.2 image and got a
>> #classVersion is not understood error. The same happens in a Squeak
>> 3.6 image.
>>
>> Which Squeak version did you use to produce the test file?
>>
>> Best
>> Hannes
>>
>> On 5/13/18, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I ran across this issue when loading project in attachment.
>> >
>> > SmartRefStream>>reshapedClassesIn:
>> > --
>> >  originalName := renamed keyAtValue: outp name
>> > ifAbsent: [renamedConv at: ind ifAbsent: [outp name]].
>> >
>> > It will wrongfully give #TextPlusMorph originalName #AlansTextPlusMorph
>> > because of:
>> >
>> > SmartRefStream>>initKnownRenames
>> > renamed
>> > at: #FlasherMorph put: #Flasher;
>> > at: #AlansTextPlusMorph put: #TextPlusMorph;
>> > at: #Project put: #MorphicProject;
>> > at: #Presenter put: #EtoysPresenter;
>> > yourself
>> >
>> > How do we best guard against false positives here ?
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Karl

GeeMailTest.001.pr_originating_from_Squeak3.8.1.png (109K) Download Attachment
GeeMailTest.001.pr (18K) Download Attachment