Problems with Croquet/Tweak on Mac OS X 10.5.5

Problems with Croquet/Tweak on Mac OS X 10.5.5

John Dougan
I've just upgraded my MacBook Pro 15" to the new 10.5.5 OS version and I'm seeing a problem with the "in-helmet" 2D interface elements in Croquet, both in the Morphic and Tweak approaches.  It is drawing the wrong bits of the menus or dock, in the wrong places.  It's a bit like it's getting buffers confused.

Is anyone else seeing this, and if so, do you have any idea what aspect of OpenGL is breaking?  Also, is this problem confined to MacBook Pros or is it a more generic MacOS problem? I have a bug report in to Apple, but I'd like to be able to update it to be more clueful. Also, does anyone have thoughts on a workaround?

Cheers,
  -- John
John Dougan

Re: Problems with Croquet/Tweak on Mac OS X 10.5.5

RichWhite
for what it worth noticed the same thing .... I did not see it at all
before 10.5.5 ... would love others thought on a workaround though !

====

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:30 PM, John Dougan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just upgraded my MacBook Pro 15" to the new 10.5.5 OS version and I'm
> seeing a problem with the "in-helmet" 2D interface elements in Croquet, both
> in the Morphic and Tweak approaches.  It is drawing the wrong bits of the
> menus or dock, in the wrong places.  It's a bit like it's getting buffers
> confused.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this, and if so, do you have any idea what aspect of
> OpenGL is breaking?  Also, is this problem confined to MacBook Pros or is it
> a more generic MacOS problem? I have a bug report in to Apple, but I'd like
> to be able to update it to be more clueful. Also, does anyone have thoughts
> on a workaround?
>
> Cheers,
>   -- John

> John Dougan

Re: Problems with Croquet/Tweak on Mac OS X 10.5.5

Joshua Gargus-2
There's a problem with glTexSubImage2D(), apparently only for NVIDIA
GPUs.  The workaround is to upload the full texture instead of just the
dirty region.

AFAIK, the bug hasn't been reported to Apple.  Nobody on the Mac-OpenGL
mailing list has been complaining about it, so it probably has something
to do with specific OpenGL state enabled by Croquet (no idea what this
might be).

Cheers,
Josh