Problems with importing animated avatars

Problems with importing animated avatars

Matthew Schmidt-2
I cannot seem to get .obj avatars with .bvh motions to scale correctly... or at all.

I've spent two hours tonight trying to recreate the scenario in the following video:

http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu/croquet/croquetMovies/avatarObjBVH.mov

I downloaded the example avatars from the following URL:

http://hedgehog.software.umn.edu/croquet/Hedgehog/install/ExampleAvatars.zip

I can manipulate "Avatar Translation." That is pretty intuitive and makes sense.

However, whenever I enter _any_ value into the "Avatar Scale" field, there is no change in the resulting display.

Here are some screenshots to demonstrate:

"Load Avatar with Motion" dialogue and settings:

http://lh6.google.com/matthew.schmidt/Rw2J4GS809I/AAAAAAAABaI/885NYXq9EkU/s800/Picture%201.png

Resulting avatar in world (note that the avatar is *huge*):

http://lh6.google.com/matthew.schmidt/Rw2J4GS80-I/AAAAAAAABaQ/OZXDQ8vOkME/s800/Picture%202.png

Boring, normal Alice avatar in same world for comparison (note the size difference):

http://lh3.google.com/matthew.schmidt/Rw2J4WS80_I/AAAAAAAABaY/xawJL1kfHqY/s800/Picture%203.png

I've updated my image with the latest code from Monticello.

Any ideas what's up?

Thanks,

-Matt

Problems with importing animated avatars

Matthew Schmidt-2

This bounced back. Apologies if it gets posted twice.

-Matt

Re: Problems with importing animated avatars

Peter Moore-5
Hi Matthew,

I noticed on the screenshot of the avatar loading dialogue that the scale value was 1. Is that the value you are using? You'd have to dig up my old email but I think a value of 0.3 (or was it 0.03?) should do the trick. I also seem to remember that not including the leading zero before the decimal was a bad idea.

-Peter

-Matt

Re: Problems with importing animated avatars

Matthew Schmidt-2
Yes, my scale value was 1. And a lot of other numbers, both decimal and whole.

I tried it out with 0.3 and 0.03 values, but again to no avail. No matter what number I use in the scale area, the avatar remains the same size ( e.g., huge).

-Matt