Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Diego Gomez Deck
Hi folks,

I just finished writing a book named "Programming with Smalltalk".

The book try to cover something I missed when I started learning
Smalltalk: How to use the environment.

The book shows, step by step with tens of screenshots, how to develop
some applications using a very incremental style.  Most of the
development occurs in the debugger after a test is in red. It is written
in Spanish (my mother language).

The licence is very liberal and allows to copy, distribute and modify it
with non-comercial purposes:

         http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/deed.en

You can get, for free (as in freedom), the book from:

                    http://smalltalk.consultar.com/

Or, more precisely, from:

         http://wiki.gnulinex.org/LibroProgramacionSmalltalk/10

Cheers,

-- Diego

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Jakub Kozisek-3
Hello!

Thanks, the book is very very nicely done ... great work!

Now I have to just learn Spanish :).

Have a nice day!

Jakub Kozisek

Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I just finished writing a book named "Programming with Smalltalk".
>
>The book try to cover something I missed when I started learning
>Smalltalk: How to use the environment.
>

>The book shows, step by step with tens of screenshots, how to develop
>some applications using a very incremental style.  Most of the
>development occurs in the debugger after a test is in red. It is written
>in Spanish (my mother language).
>
>The licence is very liberal and allows to copy, distribute and modify it
>with non-comercial purposes:
>
>         http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/deed.en
>

>You can get, for free (as in freedom), the book from:
>
>                    http://smalltalk.consultar.com/
>
>Or, more precisely, from:
>
>         http://wiki.gnulinex.org/LibroProgramacionSmalltalk/10
>

>Cheers,
>
>-- Diego

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

stéphane ducasse-2
cool!

Stef

On 8 févr. 06, at 11:52, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just finished writing a book named "Programming with Smalltalk".
>
> The book try to cover something I missed when I started learning
> Smalltalk: How to use the environment.
>

> The book shows, step by step with tens of screenshots, how to develop
> some applications using a very incremental style.  Most of the
> development occurs in the debugger after a test is in red. It is
> written
> in Spanish (my mother language).
>
> The licence is very liberal and allows to copy, distribute and
> modify it
> with non-comercial purposes:
>
>          http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/deed.en
>

> You can get, for free (as in freedom), the book from:
>
>                     http://smalltalk.consultar.com/
>
> Or, more precisely, from:
>
>          http://wiki.gnulinex.org/LibroProgramacionSmalltalk/10
>

> Cheers,
>
> -- Diego

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Serge Stinckwich-4
Diego Gomez Deck a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> I just finished writing a book named "Programming with Smalltalk".
>
> The book try to cover something I missed when I started learning
> Smalltalk: How to use the environment.
>

> The book shows, step by step with tens of screenshots, how to develop
> some applications using a very incremental style.  Most of the
> development occurs in the debugger after a test is in red. It is written
> in Spanish (my mother language).
>
> The licence is very liberal and allows to copy, distribute and modify it
> with non-comercial purposes:
>
>          http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/deed.en
>

> You can get, for free (as in freedom), the book from:
>
>                     http://smalltalk.consultar.com/

Nice work, Diego !
So we can make translations of the book ?

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Pablo Nieloud
Hi Diego!

Lo vas a editar y publicar también en forma impresa?

saludos!
Pablo

--
"No hay nada más barato que la plata"
Diego Castro

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Diego Gomez Deck
Hi Serge,

[snip]

> > The licence is very liberal and allows to copy, distribute and modify it
> > with non-comercial purposes:
> >
> >          http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/deed.en
> >

> > You can get, for free (as in freedom), the book from:
> >
> >                     http://smalltalk.consultar.com/
> >

> Nice work, Diego !
> So we can make translations of the book ?

Sure! Any modification is allowed.

Cheers,

-- Diego

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Diego Gomez Deck
Hi Pablo,

The printed book will be available, in Spain, February the 20th. You can
read the announcement is http://www.librosdelinux.com/

Cheers,

-- Diego

> Hi Diego!
>
> Lo vas a editar y publicar también en forma impresa?
>
> saludos!
> Pablo

Re: Programming with Smalltalk - Just another Smalltalk book (this time in Spanish)

Suman Karumuri
Hi,

Can the site have an english version.Atleast the download links.
On my 4KBps connection with a cap, 8mb is a wasted effort.If i
downloaded the wrong file.Please consider this as a request.

Thanks,
-Suman