[Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

[Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

marcel.taeumel
Can I merge the required changes into Trunk's SUnit package? :-) It's basically a few additions to TestResult and RestTunner.

Best,
Marcel

Re: [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

Tobias Pape

> On 03.09.2019, at 10:35, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can I merge the required changes into Trunk's SUnit package? :-) It's basically a few additions to TestResult and RestTunner.

:D
 Yes please, at least something in that direction.

-t

Re: [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 10:35:01AM +0200, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Can I merge the required changes into Trunk's SUnit package? :-) It's basically a few additions to TestResult and RestTunner.

Yes please, this is a useful enhancement.

Dave

Re: [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

timrowledge

> On 2019-09-03, at 1:38 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 03.09.2019, at 10:35, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can I merge the required changes into Trunk's SUnit package? :-) It's basically a few additions to TestResult and RestTunner.
>>

> :D
> Yes please, at least something in that direction.

Likewise

tim
"Bother," said Pooh. "Eeyore - ready two photon torpedoes and lock phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in Transporter Room Three."

Re: [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

Chris Muller-3
A great start to detecting "performance failures".  +1

Now imagine if we added a variable to TestCase, say, 'timings', a Dictionary of #testSelector -> lastRunDuration 's.  Then, any test more than ~10% off its baseline would raise an Error (or.. PerformanceFailure?, whatever).

There'd be a method, #resetBaselines to reset this Dictionary under the same condition that we re-ask for developer initials -- when image detects it has moved to a new location.  Since this this could mean possibly different hardware, new baselines would need established to avoid spurious failures.

From a UI perspective, access to #resetBaselines should be sufficient -- once all are addressed or "okay'ed", the #resetBaselines would allow new baselines to be captured on the next run...

 - Chris

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 3:35 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can I merge the required changes into Trunk's SUnit package? :-) It's basically a few additions to TestResult and RestTunner.

Best,
Marcel

Re: [Proposal SUnit] Show number of tests and last duration

marcel.taeumel
Hmm... at the moment, it would be a new entry in the TestCase's history dict besides #passes, #failures, etc.:

How to compute a reliable baseline? You know about SMark and BechmarkRunner?

A TestCase's history dict is the mechanism to store such kind of data, I suppose. Even though I am not sure why there are no TestResults kept in such a history record. Objects! :-D

Best,
Marcel

Am 04.09.2019 00:45:22 schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

A great start to detecting "performance failures".  +1

Now imagine if we added a variable to TestCase, say, 'timings', a Dictionary of #testSelector -> lastRunDuration 's.  Then, any test more than ~10% off its baseline would raise an Error (or.. PerformanceFailure?, whatever).

There'd be a method, #resetBaselines to reset this Dictionary under the same condition that we re-ask for developer initials -- when image detects it has moved to a new location.  Since this this could mean possibly different hardware, new baselines would need established to avoid spurious failures.

From a UI perspective, access to #resetBaselines should be sufficient -- once all are addressed or "okay'ed", the #resetBaselines would allow new baselines to be captured on the next run...