Proposal: utf32Code in sqKeyboardEvent

Andreas.Raab
Folks,

Since I'm not sure all of you have followed the discussion about scroll
events (which then went into keyboard events) here's my proposal again:
I would like to add a utf32Code field to sqKeyboardEvent which serves
the purpose to provide a UTF-32 value if the VM provides extended input
services (the Mac VM already does; others will surely follow). The
utf32Code field only needs to be filled in for EventKeyChar events
(e.g., neither for EventKeyDown or EventKeyUp since those are used for
reporting keys not characters).

John is already playing with this but I want to make sure there is
general agreement on this issue. Ian, Tim? Any extra comments?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Proposal: utf32Code in sqKeyboardEvent

Tim Rowledge-2
In message <[hidden email]>
          Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Since I'm not sure all of you have followed the discussion about scroll
> events (which then went into keyboard events) here's my proposal again:
> I would like to add a utf32Code field to sqKeyboardEvent which serves
> the purpose to provide a UTF-32 value if the VM provides extended input
> services (the Mac VM already does; others will surely follow). The
> utf32Code field only needs to be filled in for EventKeyChar events
> (e.g., neither for EventKeyDown or EventKeyUp since those are used for
> reporting keys not characters).
>
> John is already playing with this but I want to make sure there is
> general agreement on this issue. Ian, Tim? Any extra comments?
There's two spare slot in keyboard events, so feel free.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, [hidden email], http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
A bad random number generator:  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1