Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Providing a Cog debug [WAS] Fwd: [Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Debugging Cog crash

Mariano Martinez Peck

Hi...I was reading this thread, and even before his last answer, I was thinking more or less the same. Is it worth it to create one more target in Hudson so that to create cogs but with debug flags?

It is not necessary to create for stack vm, cog and mt. Maybe just cog is enough. And one for each OS. So, it is only 3 targets, using: CogDebugMacOSConfig, CogDebugUnixConfig, and ... (sorry, I didn't find in windows..).

What do you think? is it worth it ? or we can say "ehhh ehh compile it by your own " ?

cheers

Mariano

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Subject: RE: [Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Debugging Cog crash
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion <[hidden email]>

Is there a debug version of Cog that I can run on the box?  I have casually avoided learning how to build Cog in part because that means I can't hack the FFI plugin, which forces me to play by the rules on library paths/ldconfig, etc.  It also means that I don't have a build environment ready to go, so I can't readily add syslog() calls to bracket where it quits.  gdb isn't helping as described below.

If there is something you want me to try, let me know.  We have a reproducible Cog crash.

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 6:03 PM
To: [hidden email]; Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] FW:  Debugging Cog crash

Levente,

I follow on why my shell script did not work.  Your instructions got me going, but we still don't have an answer.  The vm is running, but I cannot attach:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2008-March/001840.html

>From what I read, one answer is the get the image loaded and then attach - my problem is that the vm never gets far enough to actually load the image.

Any ideas?

Bill

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com