3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pull request: changes for Mac build system

Tim Johnson-2

Hi,

I've made a branch with the following commit message:

Use output of xcode-select to determine path of Xcode in Mac Makefile, instead of hard-coding.
    xcode-select allows for multiple versions of Xcode to be installed and to be selected by the user.
    DO NOT put a space in a renamed Xcode.app, however: this will break SDK detection in the Makefile.

Add OS X 10.14 SDKs for x64 build, as supplied by Xcode 10.

which does the following:

build.macos32x86/common/Makefile.flags & build.macos64x64/common/Makefile.flags:

-XCODE:=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
+XCODE:=$(shell /usr/bin/xcode-select -p)

and:

build.macos64x64/common/Makefile.flags

-SDKs:=MacOSX10.10.sdk MacOSX10.11.sdk MacOSX10.12.sdk MacOSX10.13.sdk
+SDKs:=MacOSX10.10.sdk MacOSX10.11.sdk MacOSX10.12.sdk MacOSX10.13.sdk MacOSX10.14.sdk

However, I'm not sure I have permissions to push my branch and create a pull request.  If that's the model you use, please let me know.  I am use @tcj on github.

Thanks,
Tim

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pull request: changes for Mac build system

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Tim,
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:58 AM Tim Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Use output of xcode-select to determine path of Xcode in Mac Makefile, instead of hard-coding.
    xcode-select allows for multiple versions of Xcode to be installed and to be selected by the user.
    DO NOT put a space in a renamed Xcode.app, however: this will break SDK detection in the Makefile.

build.macos32x86/common/Makefile.flags & build.macos64x64/common/Makefile.flags:

and:

+SDKs:=MacOSX10.10.sdk MacOSX10.11.sdk MacOSX10.12.sdk MacOSX10.13.sdk MacOSX10.14.sdk

However, I'm not sure I have permissions to push my branch and create a pull request.  If that's the model you use, please let me know.  I am use @tcj on github.

Yes, that's the model.  Talk to Fabio about permissions if you're denied access.  And if that fails I can make the above edits for you but would prefer you are granted sufficient permission.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pull request: changes for Mac build system

fniephaus

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:11 PM Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tim,
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:58 AM Tim Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

and:

However, I'm not sure I have permissions to push my branch and create a pull request.  If that's the model you use, please let me know.  I am use @tcj on github.

Yes, that's the model.  Talk to Fabio about permissions if you're denied access.  And if that fails I can make the above edits for you but would prefer you are granted sufficient permission.

Hi Tim,

We follow the fork-and-pull-request approach [1] on GitHub. Simply fork the repo, push your commits, and open a PR against the official repository and we'll merge your commits in.

Fabio

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot