[Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

[Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Chun, Sungjin

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Sungjin,

A simple solution is to make a subclass of WAKom and override
#process: for  dispatching like:

process: komRequest
        komRequest url = '/soap' ifTrue:[ ^ self soapModule process: komRequest].
        ^ super process: komRequest

soapModule
        soapModule ifNil: [soapModule := SoapHttpModule new].
        ^soapModule

Cheers,

2007/6/18, Sungjin Chun <[hidden email]>:

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi,

And for the answer of the subject "Adding SOAP as module of
KomHttpService", I would say that SOAP module has been added as a
Comanche service already.

Please try (print it):
 TcpService services.

But Seaside and SOAP ports are different, because they are independent
Kom services. So you need a solution below.

Cheers,

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Chun, Sungjin
 wow, thank you.

Re: Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Chun, Sungjin
 wow, thank you.

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Philippe Marschall
A clean solution would either be a subclass of WAMail and override #start: or
a subclass of WAEntryPoint and override #handleRequest:

Cheers
Philippe

2007/6/18, Masashi UMEZAWA <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Sungjin,
>
> A simple solution is to make a subclass of WAKom and override
> #process: for  dispatching like:
>
> process: komRequest
>         komRequest url = '/soap' ifTrue:[ ^ self soapModule process: komRequest].
>         ^ super process: komRequest
>
> soapModule
>         soapModule ifNil: [soapModule := SoapHttpModule new].
>         ^soapModule
>
> Cheers,
>
> 2007/6/18, Sungjin Chun <[hidden email]>:
> >
> --
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Philippe,

Thanks. But I think both needs additional overheads (changing Kom
request to Seaside one, and  back again). Since SoapHttpModule can
handle KomRequest natively, I think my solution is natural in this
case. (Generally, too many subclasses of WAKom is not good).

Cheers,

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Masashi UMEZAWA-2
Hi Sungjin,

In the code example, "komRequest url = '/soap'" should be "komRequest
url beginsWith: '/soap'" for handling various SOAP requests (of
course).

And personally I prefer using content type ('text/xml') for
dispatching SOAP. It is good because you can use different URLs
freely.

process: komRequest
  prop := komRequest propertyAt: #contentType ifAbsent: [].
  prop = MIMEDocument contentTypeXml

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

2007/6/19, Masashi UMEZAWA <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Thanks. But I think both needs additional overheads (changing Kom
> request to Seaside one, and  back again). Since SoapHttpModule can
> handle KomRequest natively, I think my solution is natural in this
> case. (Generally, too many subclasses of WAKom is not good).

Premature optimization.

Philippe

> Cheers,
>
> 2007/6/19, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
> > A clean solution would either be a subclass of WAMail and override #start: or
> > a subclass of WAEntryPoint and override #handleRequest:
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe
> >
> > 2007/6/18, Masashi UMEZAWA <[hidden email]>:
> > > Hi Sungjin,
> > >
> > > A simple solution is to make a subclass of WAKom and override
> > > #process: for  dispatching like:
> > >
> > > process: komRequest
> > >         komRequest url = '/soap' ifTrue:[ ^ self soapModule process: komRequest].
> > >         ^ super process: komRequest
> > >
> > > soapModule
> > >         soapModule ifNil: [soapModule := SoapHttpModule new].
> > >         ^soapModule
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > 2007/6/18, Sungjin Chun <[hidden email]>:
> > > >
> > > --
> > > [:masashi | ^umezawa]
> > >

> --
> [:masashi | ^umezawa]

RE: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

J J-6
(Taken and modified from http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/GettingSoftware/index.html)

"Start a new server on port 9090 servering both static content and seaside apps"
| ma soap |
soap := MySoapClass new.
ma := ModuleAssembly core.
ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
ma alias: '/soap' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | soap process: request]].
ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
ma serveFiles.
(HttpService startOn: 9090 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule

Then just make an empty class called MySoapClass and see what breaks! :) But it sounds like there is already a soap module, you should be able to plug that in there.

Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only on MSN. Check it out!

Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

Chun, Sungjin

This is what I've done after reading umezawa's mail. Like this,

start
        "self start"
        "Start a new server on port NXDefaultPort serving both static content
and seaside apps"
        | ma seaside soap |
        seaside _ WAKomEncoded default.
        soap _ SoapHttpModule new.
        ma _ ModuleAssembly core.
        ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Documents')
fullName.
        ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside process:
request]].
        ma alias: '/soap' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | soap process: request]].
        ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Documents')
fullName.
        ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
        ma serveFiles.
        (HttpService startOn: self defaultPort named: 'WebService') plug: ma
rootModule.

And it seems working. :-)

J J wrote:

> (Taken and modified from
> http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/GettingSoftware/index.html)
>
> "Start a new server on port 9090 servering both static content and seaside apps"
> | ma soap |
> soap := MySoapClass new.
> ma := ModuleAssembly core.
> ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
> ma alias: '/soap' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | soap process: request]].
> ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
> ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
> ma serveFiles.
> (HttpService startOn: 9090 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule
>

> Then just make an empty class called MySoapClass and see what breaks! :)  But it sounds like there is already a soap module, you should be able to plug that in there.
>

>> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:43:47 +0900
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)
>>
> Hi,
>
> How can I add soap processing module to KomHttpService as Seaside so
> that I can assign "/soap" as url for soap. For example Seaside
> uses "/seaside" for its service url for KomHttpService. What I want to
> do is use same port number for seaside and soap, only url be different.
>
> Sorry for my poor English and Thanks in advance.

> Live Earth is coming.  Learn more about the hottest summer event - only
> on MSN. Check it out!
> <http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthwlm>

RE: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

J J-6
Yea, Commanche seems to be a lot like Apache in that you can say certain URLs actually get forwarded to some module.  Just without all the nasty configuration. :)

> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:05:47 +0900
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)

> This is what I've done after reading umezawa's mail. Like this,
>
> start
> "self start"
> "Start a new server on port NXDefaultPort serving both static content
> and seaside apps"
> | ma seaside soap |
> seaside _ WAKomEncoded default.
> soap _ SoapHttpModule new.
> ma _ ModuleAssembly core.
> ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Documents')
> fullName.
> ma alias: '/seaside' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | seaside process:
> request]].
> ma alias: '/soap' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | soap process: request]].
> ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'Documents')
> fullName.
> ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
> ma serveFiles.
> (HttpService startOn: self defaultPort named: 'WebService') plug: ma
> rootModule.
>
> And it seems working. :-)
>

> J J wrote:
> > (Taken and modified from
> > http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/GettingSoftware/index.html)
> >
> > "Start a new server on port 9090 servering both static content and seaside apps"
> > | ma soap |
> > soap := MySoapClass new.
> > ma := ModuleAssembly core.
> > ma serverRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
> > ma alias: '/soap' to: [ma addPlug: [:request | soap process: request]].
> > ma documentRoot: (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'FileRoot') fullName.
> > ma directoryIndex: 'index.html index.htm'.
> > ma serveFiles.
> > (HttpService startOn: 9090 named: 'httpd') plug: ma rootModule
> >

> > Then just make an empty class called MySoapClass and see what breaks! :) But it sounds like there is already a soap module, you should be able to plug that in there.
> >

> >> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:43:47 +0900
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: [Q] Adding SOAP as module of KomHttpService(like Seaside)
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I add soap processing module to KomHttpService as Seaside so
> > that I can assign "/soap" as url for soap. For example Seaside
> > uses "/seaside" for its service url for KomHttpService. What I want to
> > do is use same port number for seaside and soap, only url be different.
> >
> > Sorry for my poor English and Thanks in advance.

> > Live Earth is coming. Learn more about the hottest summer event - only
> > on MSN. Check it out!
> > <http://liveearth.msn.com?source=msntaglineliveearthwlm>

Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!