[Q] Including a media file in a project file

[Q] Including a media file in a project file

Young-Jin Lee-3
Hello,

I am looking for a way to include an audio file in the Etoys project file. I found that the recorded sound (or imported sound) is not included in the Etoys project file when it is saved. Thus when I opened the project next time, I could not hear the sound because Etoys could not find the sound file. I guess that the same thing will happen to an mpeg movie file.

Is there a way to make Etoys include a media file when it saves the project file?

Thank you so much for your help.

Young-Jin Lee

Re: [Q] Including a media file in a project file

niccokunzmann
Hello Young-Jin Lee,

I noticed that a sound tile in the project does not mean that the sound stays in the project.
My problem was solved when I created an object in the project which has a variable of type 'sound' with the sound as value.

The next step was to extract the sound name from a sound tile.
The code: costume submorphs first literal
But I do not think that this is intended.

Maybe both cases are worth writing don as issue to resolve.

Greetings,
Nicco

Am 07.02.2014 20:31, schrieb Young-Jin Lee:
Hello,

I am looking for a way to include an audio file in the Etoys project file. I found that the recorded sound (or imported sound) is not included in the Etoys project file when it is saved. Thus when I opened the project next time, I could not hear the sound because Etoys could not find the sound file. I guess that the same thing will happen to an mpeg movie file.

Is there a way to make Etoys include a media file when it saves the project file?

Thank you so much for your help.

Young-Jin Lee

Re: [Q] Including a media file in a project file

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
The sound should be part of the project if you have saved it so it appears in the SoundLibraryTool.

Which version of Etoys do you use ?

MPEGs are not yet part of a project when saved.

Cheers,
Karl