[Q] Maximum Size of Squeak Image in 32Bit Linux

[Q] Maximum Size of Squeak Image in 32Bit Linux

Chun, Sungjin
Hi,

I'm currently developing Seaside application and the application accepts file upload
from user. Given that smalltalk treats everything as objects (not files), I do want to
store user's data to the image. The problem is that how large can I make the size of
image? User's normal, average size of data will be in the range of 100 MB to 64 GB(
single file).

Thanks in advance.

Re: [Q] Maximum Size of Squeak Image in 32Bit Linux

timrowledge

On 26-Jun-07, at 7:24 PM, S.J.Chun wrote:
> User's normal, average size of data will be in the range of 100 MB
> to 64 GB(
> single file).
100MB is no problem at all. 64GB in a 32 bit memory space? I don't
think so ......

To be honest for that sort of size data you'd probably be better to
look at Gemstone. There is a free version IIRC at least for non-
commercial use. Take a look around http://seaside.gemstone.com/

tim
Fractured Idiom:- RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scots

Re: [Q] Maximum Size of Squeak Image in 32Bit Linux

ccrraaiigg

Hi--

> The problem is that how large can I make the size of image?

     Is there an actual requirement that there be a single image, and
not a communicating set of them?

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

Re: Re: [Q] Maximum Size of Squeak Image in 32Bit Linux

Chun, Sungjin
No, there's no such requirement. I can use file system instead of image.
For multiple image case, I think that's possible up to 10 or 20 images.
But number of users are 100 to 200. So I think single image per user
is not possible solution.