[Q][Squeak5.3a][ExternalPackage] FileList class>>#registerFileReader: has been deprecated --> How do I fix this?

[Q][Squeak5.3a][ExternalPackage] FileList class>>#registerFileReader: has been deprecated --> How do I fix this?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

When loading an external package I get the following feedback

    FileList class>>#registerFileReader: has been deprecated.
    FileList is not responsible for file reader registration anymore.
    Use FileServices instead.

When I click on 'debug' I get

registeredFileReaderClasses

        self deprecated: 'FileList is not responsible for file reader
registration anymore. Use FileServices instead.'.
        FileReaderRegistry := nil. "wipe it out"
        ^FileServices registeredFileReaderClasses

How do I deal with this?

Old code?

New code?

Regards
Hannes

Re: [Q][Squeak5.3a][ExternalPackage] FileList class>>#registerFileReader: has been deprecated --> How do I fix this?

marcel.taeumel
Hi Hannes,

since we added "suppress" to the dialog, users can easily ignore that warning when loading older packages.

Still, we can change "self deprecated:" to "self flag: #deprecated" to avoid the debugger but keep the UI stuff.

Any thoughts on this?

Best,
Marcel