Question about comparing...

Stéphane Ducasse-3
Hi

I was wondering wether it was me
but I tried

        Date today = 'nil'

and I get a DNU. I thought that = should be more robust and that
we should not expect to have both objects of the same class.

Re: Question about comparing...

Adrian Lienhard

On Mar 26, 2006, at 20:30 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was wondering wether it was me
> but I tried
>
> Date today = 'nil'
>
> and I get a DNU. I thought that = should be more robust and that
> we should not expect to have both objects of the same class.

yes, I would expect the same. In a 3.9a 7020 image this works
correctly. Which image version do you have?

Adrian

Re: Question about comparing...

stéphane ducasse-2

On 26 mars 06, at 20:47, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2006, at 20:30 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was wondering wether it was me
>> but I tried
>>
>> Date today = 'nil'
>>
>> and I get a DNU. I thought that = should be more robust and that
>> we should not expect to have both objects of the same class.
>
> yes, I would expect the same. In a 3.9a 7020 image this works
> correctly. Which image version do you have?

an old 3.8 image :) because I did not wanted to reload everything....

Stef

> Adrian

Re: Question about comparing...

Nicolas Cellier-3
Le Dimanche 26 Mars 2006 20:47, Adrian Lienhard a écrit :

> On Mar 26, 2006, at 20:30 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I was wondering wether it was me
> > but I tried
> >
> >  Date today = 'nil'
> >
> > and I get a DNU. I thought that = should be more robust and that
> > we should not expect to have both objects of the same class.
>
> yes, I would expect the same. In a 3.9a 7020 image this works
> correctly. Which image version do you have?
>
> Adrian

I profit from this one to remind you that

1 i = nil

still fail in a 3.9a 7020 image, and this is related to

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2688

Complex should check for #isNumberExtension before sending
#adaptToComplex:andSend:, or otherwise trap the DNU...

Nicolas