classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
tty
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Quick update ons SqueakSSL plugin debugging

tty
Hi all, quick update no need to respond.

<rant>Preface, man, I DO NOT MISS the edit/compile/debug dev loop at all. Give me a vm and a debugger baby....</rant>

I *think* its related to two issues.

1. An include issue in the plugin.
2. Library path issue when loading attempting to load the plugin(s)

I was unable to build the plugin for StackVMInterpreter due to includes going kablooie for /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h and err.h. 
So, I downloaded the Cog source tree from Jenkins and decided to poke around with that to see what the problem was.
That eliminated the build include error--my guess is a misconfigure .mvm file,but I don't want to deal with that now.
Cog from Jenkins builds--including the SqueakSSL plugin.

When I run Squeak6 image with the new vm and run the tests, I get this error:

ioLoadModule(/home/wm/usr/local/cogVM32/lib/squeak/4.0-2862/SqueakSSL):
/home/wm/usr/local/cogVM32/lib/squeak/4.0-2862/SqueakSSL: undefined symbol: X509_NAME_get_text_by_NID

That X509 is in x509.h . It is also #included in "openssl/ssl.h"  so there "could be" some of that include magic going on....

However...

2 is more interesting at the moment because it looks like the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something is hosed. Check out the bottom tryLoadModule below...

/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/Squeak-vm-unix-4.7.0-Cog-2889-unofficial-src/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixExternalPrims.c 237 tryLoadModule(,SqueakSSL)
dude
/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/Squeak-vm-unix-4.7.0-Cog-2889-unofficial-src/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixExternalPrims.c 237 tryLoadModule(/usr/lib/,SqueakSSL)
dude
/home/wm/usr/src/smalltalk/Squeak-vm-unix-4.7.0-Cog-2889-unofficial-src/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixExternalPrims.c 237 tryLoadModule(/home/wm/usr/local/cogVM32/lib/squeak/4.0-2862/SqueakSSL/.libs/,SqueakSSL)  <---WHATS THAT .libs?

FWIW, I install to /home/wm/usr/local/cogVM32...tomorrow, I will try a standard install path and see what happens.

Anyway, that's the update. I will poke at it some more tomorrow.

cordially,

tty.