RE: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler

RE: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler

J J-6

> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:57:08 +0300
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler
>
> To indicate that currently submitted method is assembler, developer
> just need to put
> <assembler> pragma in code.
> I will place some 'awful hacks' in Compiler to react on this pragma
> and redirect all further processing to my classes.

Alternatively, you can just add a class side method (#compilerClass I think it is) that tells Smalltalk to use what ever class you want when it tries to compile methods for the class.  This might be better "self documenting" for people reading the code that aren't familiar with what <assembler> might mean and wouldn't know where too look.  But if they see compilerClass then they know exactly what class to look at to see what's going on.

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!

Re: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler

Igor Stasenko
On 22/07/07, J J <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ________________________________
> > Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:57:08 +0300
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler
> >
> > To indicate that currently submitted method is assembler, developer
> > just need to put
> > <assembler> pragma in code.
> > I will place some 'awful hacks' in Compiler to react on this pragma
> > and redirect all further processing to my classes.
>
> Alternatively, you can just add a class side method (#compilerClass I think
> it is) that tells Smalltalk to use what ever class you want when it tries to
> compile methods for the class.  This might be better "self documenting" for
> people reading the code that aren't familiar with what <assembler> might
> mean and wouldn't know where too look.  But if they see compilerClass then
> they know exactly what class to look at to see what's going on.

Its already done as you said :) I have a trait with couple of methods,
which , when you use it in your class, then all instance side methods
can be potentially treated as assembler.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler

Klaus D. Witzel
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:11:51 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 22/07/07, J J <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ________________________________
>> > Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:57:08 +0300
>> > From: [hidden email]
>> > To: [hidden email]
>> > Subject: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler
>> >
>> > To indicate that currently submitted method is assembler, developer
>> > just need to put
>> > <assembler> pragma in code.
>> > I will place some 'awful hacks' in Compiler to react on this pragma
>> > and redirect all further processing to my classes.
>>
>> Alternatively, you can just add a class side method (#compilerClass I
>> think
>> it is) that tells Smalltalk to use what ever class you want when it
>> tries to
>> compile methods for the class.  This might be better "self documenting"
>> for
>> people reading the code that aren't familiar with what <assembler> might
>> mean and wouldn't know where too look.  But if they see compilerClass
>> then
>> they know exactly what class to look at to see what's going on.
>>

> Its already done as you said :) I have a trait with couple of methods,
> which , when you use it in your class, then all instance side methods
> can be potentially treated as assembler.

Ahh, putting software composition at work :) can't wait for seeing this in
action :)

Re: Asm-Generator - integration with Compiler

Igor Stasenko
You can also visit my blog
http://computeradvenrutes.blogspot.com/
where i lazily write so details. I putting notes in blog mainly
because i don't want something important being lost in mailing lists.
It also helpful for newcomers to quickly get in topic :)

On 23/07/07, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:11:51 +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > On 22/07/07, J J <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> ________________________________

> >> Alternatively, you can just add a class side method (#compilerClass I
> >> think
> >> it is) that tells Smalltalk to use what ever class you want when it
> >> tries to
> >> compile methods for the class.  This might be better "self documenting"
> >> for
> >> people reading the code that aren't familiar with what <assembler> might
> >> mean and wouldn't know where too look.  But if they see compilerClass
> >> then
> >> they know exactly what class to look at to see what's going on.
> >>

> > Its already done as you said :) I have a trait with couple of methods,
> > which , when you use it in your class, then all instance side methods
> > can be potentially treated as assembler.
>
> Ahh, putting software composition at work :) can't wait for seeing this in
> action :)

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.