RE: Welcome to the "Beginners" mailing list

RE: Welcome to the "Beginners" mailing list

Pedro Pereira-4
I again

I am not a student :-) I wish I were :-)  I own a store... if you wish you can see me in my webpage. :-)
This is just my first try with it... just trying to figure it out for something else.
I want to move a small picture called bolo (cake) to the mouth... than it would stop there for 1 minute, meanwhile it would show some text, something like "food is shew and than continues is way" than I would have that small picture, smaller and it would go through the throat it would stop mid way and it would have some other text and than it would stop for one more minute and so on.
I just need help on those two steps than I would try to do the rest. If you could help I would apreciate a lot.

Thank you for your fast reply.

·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Pedro Amorim Pereira -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´-:¦:- [hidden email]

Windows Live Messenger. O melhor em multitarefa.

Re: RE: Welcome to the "Beginners" mailing list

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Pedro Pereira <[hidden email]> wrote:
I again

I am not a student :-) I wish I were :-)  I own a store... if you wish you can see me in my webpage. :-)
This is just my first try with it... just trying to figure it out for something else.
I want to move a small picture called bolo (cake) to the mouth... than it would stop there for 1 minute, meanwhile it would show some text, something like "food is shew and than continues is way" than I would have that small picture, smaller and it would go through the throat it would stop mid way and it would have some other text and than it would stop for one more minute and so on.
I just need help on those two steps than I would try to do the rest. If you could help I would apreciate a lot.

Thank you for your fast reply.

You're welcome.

But what do you want again? Do you want a multimedia presentation in Squeak?

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

RE: Welcome to the "Beginners" mailing list

K. K. Subramaniam
Pedro Pereira wrote:

> This is just my first try with it... just trying to figure it out for
> something else. I want to move a small picture called bolo (cake) to the
> mouth...
If you have two objects called Mouth with a object Food to the left of it
(on same Y), then you can try:
script: swallow1
   Test Food's x > Mouth's x
        Yes: Food's x decrease by 1
        No: stop script swallow1
            do message1

You could also experiment with "turn toward" and forward tiles to move Food
towards Mouth.

> than it would stop there for 1 minute, meanwhile it would show
> some text, something like "food is shew and than continues is way"

script: message1
   Message1 show
   start script delay1min

For creating a 1-minute delay, paint an object called timer and use the
script:
script delay1min (set tick rate to one per second)
   timer's heading increase by 1
   Test timer's heading < 60
        Yes: timer's heading <- 0
             stop script delay1min