REST first steps

BrunoBB
Hi All,

I have finish my first GLASS application with Seaside.

Now i want to add some REST-Services:

Which Configuration are you using for REST services ?
Which repository hold this version ?

I have loaded REST but i think there is something wrong. After registering my subclass of WARestfulHandler or WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler the rest api is listed in http://localhost:8888/ but if i click on orbeon-api (the REST services) i get:
/orbeon-api not found

It looks like the App is registered but the services are not working.

Any idea ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

Dale Henrichs-3
Bruno,

Could you provide some information about the version of Seaside and GemStone you are using? Plus some information about the configuration you are loading for the restful services and finally some snippets of code to give us an idea how you've configured the restful services.

Dale

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I have finish my first GLASS application with Seaside.

Now i want to add some REST-Services:

Which Configuration are you using for REST services ?
Which repository hold this version ?

I have loaded REST but i think there is something wrong. After registering
my subclass of WARestfulHandler or WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler the rest api
is listed in http://localhost:8888/ but if i click on orbeon-api (the REST
services) i get:
/orbeon-api not found

It looks like the App is registered but the services are not working.

Any idea ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

BrunoBB
Hi,
(i'm using JADE client)

Yes, i think i have loaded incorrect version packages.

GemStone version: 3.1.04
Seaside (ConfigurationOfSeaside30):
 (from http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/Seaside30)
   + Seaside-Core-gemstone: dkh.769
   + Seaside-GemStone300-Core: DaleHenrichs.4
   + Seaside-Gemstone-Core: dkh.63
 (from http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30Addons)
   + Seaside-GemStone-REST-Core: topa.2

Any other info that you may need ?

WAOrbeonServiceHandler (subclass of WARestfulHandler):
createRoutes
        ^ WAPragmaBasedRouteBuilder createRoutesFor: self class
list
        <get>
        self requestContext respond: [ :response |
         response contentType: 'text/plain'.
         response
            nextPutAll: 'TEST';
            nextPutAll: String crlf ]

WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler (subclass of WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler):
list
        <get>
        self requestContext respond: [ :response |
         response contentType: 'text/plain'.
         response
            nextPutAll: 'TEST';
            nextPutAll: String crlf ]

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> (i'm using JADE client)
>
> Yes, i think i have loaded incorrect version packages.
>
> GemStone version: 3.1.04
> Seaside (ConfigurationOfSeaside30):
>  (from http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/Seaside30)
>    + Seaside-Core-gemstone: dkh.769
>    + Seaside-GemStone300-Core: DaleHenrichs.4
>    + Seaside-Gemstone-Core: dkh.63
>  (from http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30Addons)
>    + Seaside-GemStone-REST-Core: topa.2
>
> Any other info that you may need ?
>
> WAOrbeonServiceHandler (subclass of WARestfulHandler):
> createRoutes
>         ^ WAPragmaBasedRouteBuilder createRoutesFor: self class
> list
>         <get>
>         self requestContext respond: [ :response |
>          response contentType: 'text/plain'.
>          response
>             nextPutAll: 'TEST';
>             nextPutAll: String crlf ]
>
> WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler (subclass of WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler):
> list
>         <get>
>         self requestContext respond: [ :response |
>          response contentType: 'text/plain'.
>          response
>             nextPutAll: 'TEST';
>             nextPutAll: String crlf ]

You did something like this?

WAAdmin register: WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler at: 'oberon'

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

BrunoBB
Hi Philippe,

Yes and the application is listed in localhost:8888.

But if i click on the link a not found message is the result.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> (i'm using JADE client)
>
> Yes, i think i have loaded incorrect version packages.
>
> GemStone version: 3.1.04
> Seaside (ConfigurationOfSeaside30):
>  (from http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/Seaside30)
>    + Seaside-Core-gemstone: dkh.769
>    + Seaside-GemStone300-Core: DaleHenrichs.4
>    + Seaside-Gemstone-Core: dkh.63
>  (from http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside30Addons)
>    + Seaside-GemStone-REST-Core: topa.2
>
> Any other info that you may need ?
>
> WAOrbeonServiceHandler (subclass of WARestfulHandler):
> createRoutes
>         ^ WAPragmaBasedRouteBuilder createRoutesFor: self class
> list
>         <get>
>         self requestContext respond: [ :response |
>          response contentType: 'text/plain'.
>          response
>             nextPutAll: 'TEST';
>             nextPutAll: String crlf ]
>
> WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler (subclass of WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler):
> list
>         <get>
>         self requestContext respond: [ :response |
>          response contentType: 'text/plain'.
>          response
>             nextPutAll: 'TEST';
>             nextPutAll: String crlf ]

try

WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler (subclass of WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler):
list
       <get>
       <path: ''>

or

WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler (subclass of WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler):
list
       <get>
       <path: '/'>

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

BrunoBB
Philippe,

Thanks for the answer but i'm having the same result:
/orbeon-api not found.

If i use <path: ''> or  <path: '/'> what will be the url of the service ?

Are you using REST services ?
What packages and repositories are you using ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> Thanks for the answer but i'm having the same result:
> /orbeon-api not found.
>
> If i use <path: ''> or  <path: '/'> what will be the url of the service ?
>
> Are you using REST services ?
> What packages and repositories are you using ?

The latest Seaside 3.1 "trunk" on Pharo.

The attached code works for me. It should work on older versions as
well. You will have to do:
WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler register
after loading the code. After that the service is available under
/orbeon-api. If you image still has a WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler
class you need change the superclass to WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler.

If things then still don't work you'll have to debug WARestfulHandler
>> #handleFiltered: and find out why your method does not match the
request. If you don't reach WARestfulHandler >> #handleFiltered: then
something with your registration went wrong.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Philippe,
>>
>> Thanks for the answer but i'm having the same result:
>> /orbeon-api not found.
>>
>> If i use <path: ''> or  <path: '/'> what will be the url of the service ?
>>
>> Are you using REST services ?
>> What packages and repositories are you using ?
>
> The latest Seaside 3.1 "trunk" on Pharo.
>
> The attached code works for me.
If I actually attached it that is.

Cheers
Philippe

WAOrbeonPragmaServiceHandler.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Glass] REST first steps

BrunoBB
Philippe,

Thanks for the answer. Everything is working now Seaside + Swazoo + REST.

I wasn't working because i have loaded an outdated package of REST, as i initially though.

Regards,
Bruno