RFB Server not working on Squeak 4.1?

LawsonEnglish
  Has anyone tested the RFB server class in Squeak 4.1? I can't get it
to work in Mac OS X 10.6 or in at least variant of Linux.
Haven't tested it in Pharo.

Lawson

Re: [Pharo-project] RFB Server not working on Squeak 4.1?

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Lawson English wrote:

> Has anyone tested the RFB server class in Squeak 4.1? I can't get it to work
> in Mac OS X 10.6 or in at least variant of Linux.
> Haven't tested it in Pharo.

If you're talking about http://squeaksource.com/RFB/ then yes, we use it
(actually we use our own fork, but it's very similar) and it works fine.
There are 2 other forks, one in the Cobalt repo, and one in Lukas
Renggli's repo. I don't know if the first one works in Squeak, but the
latter relies on Pharo-specific features (IIRC it requires Polymorph, but
I'm not sure).

Levente

> Lawson

Re: RFB Server not working on Squeak 4.1?

LawsonEnglish
  Someone pointed out to me a workaround for this issue. Apparently the
only way any client (including the Squeak RFBClient) will work with the
RFBServer in Squeak 4.1 is if you set the client to only accept rawEncoding.

Works fine at that point, but is likely a bit slower than it could be.

Thanks to all that responded.

Lawson

On 9/8/10 7:30 AM, Lawson English wrote:
>  Has anyone tested the RFB server class in Squeak 4.1? I can't get it
> to work in Mac OS X 10.6 or in at least variant of Linux.
> Haven't tested it in Pharo.
>
> Lawson

Re: [Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] RFB Server not working on Squeak 4.1?

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Lawson English wrote:

> Someone pointed out to me a workaround for this issue. Apparently the only
> way any client (including the Squeak RFBClient) will work with the RFBServer
> in Squeak 4.1 is if you set the client to only accept rawEncoding.

ZRLE works fine, but you have to enable it on the server and set your
client's encoding to ZRLE only.

Levente

  On 9/15/10 2:32 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Lawson English wrote:
>
>> Someone pointed out to me a workaround for this issue. Apparently the
>> only way any client (including the Squeak RFBClient) will work with
>> the RFBServer in Squeak 4.1 is if you set the client to only accept
>> rawEncoding.
>
> ZRLE works fine, but you have to enable it on the server and set your
> client's encoding to ZRLE only.
>

> Levente

Thanks. A change in behavior I didn't know how to cope with (until now).

Lawson