Ran out of space while loading?

Jeremy L.
Okay, so I probably should have taken care of this 'bug' before it became an issue.  I know how to fix it, but was in lazy mode.

Basically, I have a ton of copied images that are stored in memory so this project is 45MB in size (the fix involves saving the original reference only and then all of the objects that have the copies revert their images to dots on closing the project or page of the book they are in and then using that reference on load to restore their graphic).  When loading it errors out with disk space low error, meaning I cannot open it up anymore, but it saved just fine.

Is there a way to get this project open by expanding memory temporarily for the VM?

I promise to fix the problem as soon as I get back in there!  And don't worry, I do have an earlier copy that does open that I can work with, it's just that this one, I spent a bit of time in with the page in question making some assets and wouldn't mind not losing them...plus if I run into this problem in the future, I can solve it again.

Thanks for any help.

Here's the project in question if someone also just wants to hack it to load properly or needs to see it if they have some magical smalltalk tools that will auto-fix it.  I'm not aware of such things, so if you do anything, please document it!  :)

Re: Ran out of space while loading?

Bob Arning-2

Expanding memory may well be possible when Etoys migrates to newer VMs, but I don't know when that will happen and it won't help people trying to load this into vanilla Etoys.

Attached is a fix that will allow your project to load.

On 3/11/18 4:29 AM, Jeremy Landry wrote:
[...]

​​​

BigBinaryReadFix.3.cs (1K) Download Attachment