Random turn by

Joe Barr

I'm trying to write a script with a Something turns by x + random(y) as
I see in some of the examples, but I am never able to enter random, it
just tells me that's not a number.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Resistance is not futile, it's (2PI * FREQ * L) / Q

Re: Random turn by

Bert Freudenberg

On Mar 4, 2008, at 17:44 , Joe Barr wrote:

> I'm trying to write a script with a Something turns by x + random
> (y) as
> I see in some of the examples, but I am never able to enter random, it
> just tells me that's not a number.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You cannot type variable names in there, you need to drag a tile for
your variables and drop it into the right spot.

- Bert -

Re: Random turn by

Bert Freudenberg

On Mar 4, 2008, at 18:13 , Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2008, at 17:44 , Joe Barr wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to write a script with a Something turns by x + random
>> (y) as
>> I see in some of the examples, but I am never able to enter
>> random, it
>> just tells me that's not a number.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> You cannot type variable names in there, you need to drag a tile
> for your variables and drop it into the right spot.

... and the "random()" tile is in the "golden treasure box" of the
script editor, or in the "scripting" category of the Object Catalog.

- Bert -

Re: Random turn by

Joe Barr

Thanks very much!