Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Raspberry Pi demos at STIC/Phoenix

timrowledge
I'm hoping to be able to demo the Pi running both Raspbian and RISC OS Squeak/Scratch at STIC but there are some logistical problems that I need to work around. If anyone one the list can help, please let me know.

My aim is to get a couple of Pi's hooked up, so I'd need (aside from the 2 Pi) 2 HDMI capable displays with the hdmi cables (largish screen modern TVs would do), 2 usb keyboards, 2 usb mice and 2 micro-usb cellphone chargers. Phoenix is a biggish city so I imagine there is some loose equivalent of Fry's Electronics in the area, which may be one way of solving (some of) the problem. I'm pretty sure I can arrange to leave some Pi with whoever can help me out.

So - anyone residing nearby, or intending to travel by land to STIC? Got an hdmi display you could bring along? Spare kbd/mouse?

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Useful random insult:- Puts a finger in his ear so the draft through his head isn't annoying.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Raspberry Pi demos at STIC/Phoenix

JohnReed Maffeo
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: tim Rowledge
> Sent: 05/15/13 03:35 PM
> To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
> Subject: [squeak-dev] Raspberry Pi demos at STIC/Phoenix
>
> I'm hoping to be able to demo the Pi running both Raspbian and RISC OS Squeak/Scratch at STIC but there are some logistical problems that I need to work around. If anyone one the list can help, please let me know.
>
> My aim is to get a couple of Pi's hooked up, so I'd need (aside from the 2 Pi) 2 HDMI capable displays with the hdmi cables (largish screen modern TVs would do), 2 usb keyboards, 2 usb mice and 2 micro-usb cellphone chargers. Phoenix is a biggish city so I imagine there is some loose equivalent of Fry's Electronics in the area, which may be one way of solving (some of) the problem. I'm pretty sure I can arrange to leave some Pi with whoever can help me out.
>
> So - anyone residing nearby, or intending to travel by land to STIC? Got an hdmi display you could bring along? Spare kbd/mouse?
>
>
> tim
> --
> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> Useful random insult:- Puts a finger in his ear so the draft through his head isn't annoying.

Tim

I live in the Phoenix Metro area and will be able to help with at least one set of kit (Monitor, Kb, mouse, charger).

John-Reed (jrm)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Raspberry Pi demos at STIC/Phoenix

timrowledge

On 17-05-2013, at 9:29 AM, "JohnReed Maffeo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: tim Rowledge
>>
>> So - anyone residing nearby, or intending to travel by land to STIC? Got an hdmi display you could bring along? Spare kbd/mouse?
>
> Tim
>
> I live in the Phoenix Metro area and will be able to help with at least one set of kit (Monitor, Kb, mouse, charger).
>

Excellent news, thank you. So far it looks like I'll be signing up to do a 'lightning talk' and otherwise hanging around the camp smalltalk a lot of the time. I should be around late Sunday until early weds.

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
"Bother" said Pooh, and deleted his message base