Re-2: The Croquet SDK 1.0 Beta...

Frank Urbach
To get it work I've copied the files:

SqueakFFIPrims.dll   Source: Squeak Installation
OpenALPlugin.dll      Source: OpenAL Installation
OpenAL32.dll           Source: OpenAL Installation

in the \bin directory of OpenCroquet.

In this place:

Thanks guy's for these real bunch of work. Thanks for the
great  work!! Thanks for the programming guide. A lot of
stuff to read. :-)

Cheers,
  Frank

Re: Re-2: The Croquet SDK 1.0 Beta...

Yanni Chiu
Unknown wrote:
> First I had also problems with some stuff needed for starting. Here my experience for Windows XP:
>
> copy from a squeak installation file SqueakFFIPrims.dll.
> install OpenAL an copy files OpenALPlugin.dll and OpenAL32.dll into the \bin directory.
> Then it will work very fine.

Right, I had to install OpenAL to get the other demos to work.
But the installer just put them in the right place, which it
seems is WINDOWS\system32. I was going to see whether opengl32.dll
should also go there, and found it was alreay there. So I renamed
it to something else, then went looking for the copy I had yesterday,
but couldn't find it. Now, looking in WINDOWS\system32 I find
another copy of opengl32.dll. I'm guessing there's some daemon
process "repairing" the system. No wonder the explorer window
at first didn't show the directory contents, and had something
like "click here if you really want to muck with the files here".

RE: Re-2: The Croquet SDK 1.0 Beta...

Sebastián Sastre
Hi there,

        I see problems on XP too. I've copied OpenAL32.dll;
OpenALPlugin.dll; opengl32.dll; SqueakFFIPrims.dll to the \bin folder and
ran croquet from Croquet.bat

        Then I dragged Demo(Master). Same situation with Croquet(Master) and
SimpleDemo(Master) and MPEG Demo(Master).

        I've attached some logs.

        regads,

Sebastian

SqueakDebug.log (4K) Download Attachment
Squeak3D.log (89 bytes) Download Attachment

Sebastián Sastre wrote:
> I see problems on XP too. I've copied OpenAL32.dll;
> OpenALPlugin.dll; opengl32.dll; SqueakFFIPrims.dll to the \bin folder and
> ran croquet from Croquet.bat
>
> Then I dragged Demo(Master). Same situation with Croquet(Master) and
> SimpleDemo(Master) and MPEG Demo(Master).
>
> I've attached some logs.

That looks like the same problem I was having.
I moved Croquet.exe and all the .dll's from
the \bin directory, up into the directory with
the image/changes file. Then dragged the image
onto the .exe. After that, the Demo worked.

I suspect that there's an older opengl libarary
somewhere on the system that gets picked up,
due to library paths.

RE: Re-2: The Croquet SDK 1.0 Beta...

Sebastián Sastre
Yanni, I already made that and remains problematic. But after your answer I
remember I've read in the croquet site some time ago about the importance of
having updated OpenGL drivers for your graphic card. So I've downloaded and
installed the driver and everithing work.
Regards,
Sebastian