Re: AlienOpenGL [was: VM crashes on Alien tests on Linux.]

1 message Options

Re: AlienOpenGL [was: VM crashes on Alien tests on Linux.]

laurent laffont

Hi,

I've loaded AlienOpenGL to check that Alien works or not. AlienOpenGLLibraryExamples tests fails.
ex: AlienOpenGLLibraryExamples new testDrawingVBOCubeWithoutNormals
AlienOpenGLLibrary>>primLoadLibrary:

primitive failed trying to load 'OpenGL.framework'

Has it ever been tested on Linux ?

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:43 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:53:20PM +0200, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created ConfigurationOfVMMaker version 1.4 to build Alien plugins.
>
> I use:
> - PharoCore-1.0-10517
> - VMMaker-dtl.170
> - Alien-VMMaker-Plugins-John M McIntosh.8
> - Alien-VMMaker-Support-John M McIntosh.8
> - squeak vm rev. 2203

Laurent,

Thanks for doing the ConfigurationOfVMMaker update.

> I've tried with NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin and NewsqueakIA32ABIPluginAttic
> (which one should I use ?) as external.

I had the same question. John, is NewsqueakIA32ABIPluginAttic just
there to hold on to some no-longer-used primitives? It compiles fine
so I am assuming that it is safe to use (a class comment would be
good BTW).

> My build script is here
> http://github.com/lolgzs/easy_squeakvm/blob/alien/easy_squeakvm.sh
>
> The VM is successfully built. Then I load Alien tests using:
> ConfigurationOfAlien loadTests.

FYI: I made the updates to VMMaker platforms/Cross/vm, and can verify
that the plugin compiles cleanly (building a 32-bit plugin/VM  on a
64-bit Linux platform). However, I did not load Alien and cannot verify
that the resulting plugin functions correctly.

Dave