Re: Bounce Example

Dan Norton

 On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 06:53:21 -0800 Bert Freudenberg wrote:

On 20.11.2014, at 04:14, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>

>> I once saw a workspace example which caused a morph to move along an arc in a
>> realistic way - appearing to be affected by gravity. Possibly written by
>> someone from Disney?  Now I search in vain to find it. Please give me a
>> reference.

>Morphic is not really set up for workspace-style programming. It >assumes you
>will create your own morph class and implement methods to specify >behavior.
>
>It's certainly possible to do. But you will run into various >problems that you wouldn't have if you did it properly.

By "properly" do you mean: creating a morph class with methods to specify behavior?

- Dan

Re: Bounce Example

dcorking

Dan wrote:

> By "properly" do you mean: creating a morph class with methods to specify
> behavior?

At the risk of speaking for Bert, I hear exactly that when he says 'properly'.

The "Squeak By Example" book and "An Introduction to Morphic" both
describe this approach in detail. I, personally, found it much more
fun than workspace coding.

 * http://squeakbyexample.org/
  (see the first 2 chapters, quick tour and first application, then
chapter 11 'Morphic'
 * http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu:8888/squeakbook/uploads/morphic.final.pdf

See also http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/792#Morphic

Have fun! David

Re: Bounce Example

Bert Freudenberg

> On 15.12.2014, at 11:40, David Corking <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Bert wrote:
>
>>> Morphic... assumes you
>>> will create your own morph class and implement methods to specify
>>> behavior.
>>>
>>> It's certainly possible to do. But you will run into various problems that
>>> you wouldn't have if you did it properly.
>
> Dan wrote:
>
>> By "properly" do you mean: creating a morph class with methods to specify
>> behavior?
>
> At the risk of speaking for Bert, I hear exactly that when he says 'properly'.
Yep :)

- Bert -

> The "Squeak By Example" book and "An Introduction to Morphic" both
> describe this approach in detail. I, personally, found it much more
> fun than workspace coding.
>
> * http://squeakbyexample.org/
>  (see the first 2 chapters, quick tour and first application, then
> chapter 11 'Morphic'
> * http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu:8888/squeakbook/uploads/morphic.final.pdf
>
> See also http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/792#Morphic
>
> Have fun! David