Re: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

Re: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

Frank Shearar-3
On 4 April 2015 at 20:23, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Box-Admins,
>
> There's a problem on the CI Server regarding libraries.
>
> Some Jobs need SqueakSSL, which is downloaded from google code
> and made accessible.

I freely admit I just hacked something together that didn't
immediately explode. The code in question downloads
https://squeakssl.googlecode.com/files/SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5.zip

Since googlecode.com is going, I guess we should be porting squeakssl
to github as well, right?

Ron?

frank

Re: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

marcel.taeumel (old)
+1

Re: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

Tobias Pape

On 05.04.2015, at 11:54, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 April 2015 at 20:23, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Box-Admins,
>>
>> There's a problem on the CI Server regarding libraries.
>>
>> Some Jobs need SqueakSSL, which is downloaded from google code
>> and made accessible.
>
> I freely admit I just hacked something together that didn't
> immediately explode. The code in question downloads
> https://squeakssl.googlecode.com/files/SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5.zip
>
> Since googlecode.com is going, I guess we should be porting squeakssl
> to github as well, right?
>
> Ron?

please do

On 5 April 2015 at 19:37, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.04.2015, at 11:54, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 4 April 2015 at 20:23, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear Box-Admins,
>>>
>>> There's a problem on the CI Server regarding libraries.
>>>
>>> Some Jobs need SqueakSSL, which is downloaded from google code
>>> and made accessible.
>>
>> I freely admit I just hacked something together that didn't
>> immediately explode. The code in question downloads
>> https://squeakssl.googlecode.com/files/SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5.zip
>>
>> Since googlecode.com is going, I guess we should be porting squeakssl
>> to github as well, right?
>>
>> Ron?
>
> please do

I only feel comfortable about doing this with Ron's feedback - Ron?

frank

RE: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Frank,

SqueakSSL is now on Github at https://github.com/itsmeront/squeakssl/settings

Who should be added as collaborators?

Thanks for the nudge!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

I'm porting squeakssl over to github now.  I'll let you know when it is done.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
Head Of Engineering
3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting
[hidden email]
Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum
www.3dicc.com
https://www.google.com/+3dicc

On 5 April 2015 at 19:37, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.04.2015, at 11:54, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 4 April 2015 at 20:23, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear Box-Admins,
>>>
>>> There's a problem on the CI Server regarding libraries.
>>>
>>> Some Jobs need SqueakSSL, which is downloaded from google code and
>>> made accessible.
>>
>> I freely admit I just hacked something together that didn't
>> immediately explode. The code in question downloads
>> https://squeakssl.googlecode.com/files/SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5.zip
>>
>> Since googlecode.com is going, I guess we should be porting squeakssl
>> to github as well, right?
>>
>> Ron?
>
> please do

I only feel comfortable about doing this with Ron's feedback - Ron?

frank

Re: [Box-Admins] FIY: box3 library hack for SqueakSSL

Frank Shearar-3
Ah, cool. To where are you porting it? I'm happy wherever it ends up,
and it doesn't _really_ make sense for it to go under the
squeak-smalltalk organisation, come to think of it.

frank