Re:Class Heirarchy teaser

1 message Options

Re:Class Heirarchy teaser

David Faught
Nick Hemsley wrote:

>A couple of screenies of the class heirarchy viewer. I will probably put it
>on squeaksource soon. But I would like to get information on the classes
>actually visible in the croquet space first. The only thing that would work
>for this would seem to be a TWindow with a text morph inside it, as per the
>fish space in the Teapot demo? Floating 3d text would be nice, but that's
>for another day.
>
>So it works per se. Useful? Maybe in a future incarnation down the road.
>
>http://blackisha.com/croquet/screenshots/

It would be an interesting experiment to use a 3D graph heirarchy
layout like this as an alternative to the scrolly Navigator stuff at
the bottom of the Croquet screen, don't you think?  I think that the
Navigator was a kind of cool experiment itself, but it's a bit slow to
be really useful.  Adding mouseover TBillboard text, kind of like
balloon help, to your viewer would be cool, but it might be faster for
a Navigator alternative to have small but visible clues, or signposts,
always there.  What do you think?