Re: Code completion (was Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting)

Re: Code completion (was Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting)

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/10/10, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right there...
>
>    - A.

Yes, syntax highlighting is fine.
What about code completion? How do I switch it on (cf  Pharo 1.0,
where it is on by default)?

Hannes

ShoutWorkspaceInPharoOneClickImage1.0.png (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Code completion (was Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting)

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/15/10 6:03 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, syntax highlighting is fine.
> What about code completion? How do I switch it on (cf  Pharo 1.0,
> where it is on by default)?
>
> Hannes

Hannes, I think in Squeak you must install Ecompletion

I use ECompletion-dc.89 in my fork
For sure, export Ecompletion and required packages from Pharo image and load
again into Squeak.

Edgar

Re: Code completion (was Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting)

Hannes Hirzel
OK thank you, Edgar

I went to

http://www.squeaksource.com/eCompletion

It demands RoelTyper and Shout 4 as a prerequisite.
Shout core is part of Squeak 4.1.

So I went for

http://www.squeaksource.com/RoelTyper

There is a category 'RoelTyperForSqueak' but there is only one entry
in it. So I went for the latest in the category 'RoelTyper'

Name: RoelTyper-DamienCassou.80

I went for  ECompletion-lr.121
in the category Ecompletion

Then an error message comes
SmalltalkEditor doesNotUnderstand: #model

If you have a quick answer than fine, otherwise I assume this is
something to look into for version 4.2

--Hannes

On 4/15/10 12:25 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK thank you, Edgar
>

> I went to
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/eCompletion
>
> It demands RoelTyper and Shout 4 as a prerequisite.
> Shout core is part of Squeak 4.1.
>

> So I went for
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/RoelTyper
>
> There is a category 'RoelTyperForSqueak' but there is only one entry
> in it. So I went for the latest in the category 'RoelTyper'
>
> Name: RoelTyper-DamienCassou.80
>
> I went for  ECompletion-lr.121
> in the category Ecompletion
>
> Then an error message comes
> SmalltalkEditor doesNotUnderstand: #model
>
> If you have a quick answer than fine, otherwise I assume this is
> something to look into for version 4.2
>
> --Hannes
Not a quick answer for 4.1, but I look and see.
For my fork I have
RoelTyper-DamienCassou.80 and ECompletion-dc.89

In pharo1.0-10502-rc1dev09.12.2.image , none of this.
You mention some Pharo where Ecompletion is pre-loaded, could say some more
for try to follow the difference ?

Edgar

Re: Code completion (was Re: [Squeak 4.1 welcome text] workspace syntax highlighting)

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/15/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not a quick answer for 4.1, but I look and see.
> For my fork I have
> RoelTyper-DamienCassou.80 and ECompletion-dc.89
>
> In pharo1.0-10502-rc1dev09.12.2.image , none of this.
> You mention some Pharo where Ecompletion is pre-loaded, could say some more
> for try to follow the difference ?
>
> Edgar

The Pharo One-Click-Image 1.0 which was announced today.

Hannes

On 4/15/10 6:27 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Pharo One-Click-Image 1.0 which was announced today.
>
> Hannes

Sorry , but no.
Just download and no Ecompletion
Doing DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace in the welcome window
I see some few examples for loading external packages, none is for RoelTyper
or Ecompletion

Following both images I found:

Pharo uses a non refactored TextMorphEditor class which understand model
Squeak have a refactored TextMorphEditor class which understand model, but
do not use it, uses SmalltalkEditor.

Both images diverges more and more, if some agreement between us and our
"cousins" can't be reached , we must choose Pharo or Squeak and do not look
behind.

I afraid several ex - Squeakers doing real business  go to dark side :=)

Edgar