Re: [Etoys] An experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

Re: [Etoys] An experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

Korakurider-2
Hi.
I know this is experimental but,,
Which translation engine will we use, gettext emulation or (historical) NaturalLanguageTranslator?  How about QuickGuide?

On Jan 1, 2008 4:23 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima < [hidden email]> wrote:
 Hello,

 This is way overdue, but I just upload potential version of Etoys
image for non-XO environments:

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys071231.zip

There are known bugs, but so far we are thinking that the initial look
will be along this line.

 I tried it on Fedora Core Linux and Windows.  On Mac it should work
but there is a chance that the VM cannot find the right image and vice
versa.

 Please try it and let us know how it goes.

-- Yoshiki

 A happy new year!

On Jan 5, 2008 4:58 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Which translation engine will we use, gettext emulation or (historical) NaturalLanguageTranslator?  How about
> > QuickGuide?
>
>  If we make a pre-configured image for a language, pre-loading the
> data would be better.  So, enabling the pre-loading somehow and use
> gettext emulation would be ideal?

Please review proposed enhancement to enable preloading.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5861

But I am not sure if it is really ideal.  Progress of translations for
OLPC EToys is behind codes and translation effort will be long tail.
(We haven't yet had Pootle based ecosytem for translation though we
expect it soon)  And we can't use update stream any more to maintain
gettext based translation dictionary in image.
What's wrong with external MOs even for preconfigured settings?

/Korakurider