Re:Fwd: Create a new object.

1 message Options

Re:Fwd: Create a new object.

Rob Van Pamel
What i want to do is add object to my island from another process.
The big picture is that i have to check a database at a given interval (eg 10sec). I have implemented it with a delay like this

[ running ] whileTrue: [
        self step.
        (Delay forMilliseconds: 5000) wait.
].

If i don't put this in a new procees (with fork) the whole system comes very slow. But in step I update my island. which means adding object to my island. And this give's me the problem.
And i really have ridden the Croquet Programming Guide.
You must know that i'm quiet new to Croquet - Squeak.
I hope you understand now what the problem is.

Thanks