Re: Good, thorough Smalltalk reference (Blake)

Re: Good, thorough Smalltalk reference (Blake)

Tony Clarke
HI

I am what might be called a hobbyist programmer, no training but I get along. I was interested that some of you think that  a beginner can learn from the environment, without a textbook: that gives me confidence to go ahead.

I was using Python for a sailing simulator, but was stuck with the graphics which I found clunky and not well documented for what I wanted. Within a few weeks of discovering Squeak, I had a working graphic model ready, almost without writing any code, and not reading any books!

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in, the language is near enough the best approximation to the re-usable, click-in component which OO has always pursued.

Tony Clarke

Re: Good, thorough Smalltalk reference (Blake)

Blake-5
Tony,

        Was this addressed to me for a reason?

        ===Blake===