Re:Idea of maintaining an Island state without running the Island all the time

1 message Options

Re:Idea of maintaining an Island state without running the Island all the time

Baldur Jóhannsson
I assumed that Croquet Routers sent Tick messages to advance the time in the Island and these messages got no special treatment when they are serialized.

But I think I understand your point about users haveing to wait for an island to catch up with real time. And I thought of that.

Therefore I proposed that when the number of serialized messages has reached an certain limit then the Islands serialized state would be compacted in the manner I descriped above.

Good rule of thumb: if you have time to cheer the program on it isnt responsive enaugh ;c)

Thanks for the responses.
-Zarutian