Re: Loading Essential package from Monticello (was isKindOf considered questionable)

Re: Loading Essential package from Monticello (was isKindOf considered questionable)

Stan Shepherd
Quoting Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> I am sorry, I missed your post.
>
> The repository should finally work. I tested it from different images.
> Sorry about the inconvenience.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Thanks, I now have it working in a 3.9.1 image.

Are there any more instructions anywhere please? In particular, I don't seem to
be able to scope it down to just my package. So for example, when I change a
single test, which has 11 checks in code critics, to subclass ESLintTestCase, it
shows 75 run, 5 passes, 0 expected failures, 69 failures, 1 errors, 0 unexpected
passes. Nearly all the checks shown are way outside my package, for example:

BooklikeMorph>>fromURL: url throws an
Unnecessary assignment or return in block

Also, I can't get it going at all under 3.10- the method
#addToSuiteFromSelectors: appears to be gone from TestCase.

ESLintSelfTest class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addToSuiteFromSelectors:
        Receiver: ESLintSelfTest
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage: addToSuiteFromSelectors: a TestSuite
        Receiver's instance variables:
                superclass: ESLintTestCase
                methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#environment->a CompiledMethod (2997)
#shouldFai...etc...
                format: 142
                instanceVariables: nil
                organization: ('accessing' environment)
('examples' shouldFail1 shouldFail2 sho...etc...
                subclasses: nil
                name: #ESLintSelfTest
                classPool: nil
                sharedPools: nil
                environment: a SystemDictionary(lots of globals)
                category: #'Essential-SLint'
                traitComposition: nil
                localSelectors: nil

Thanks,    ...Stan

Re: Loading Essential package from Monticello (was isKindOf considered questionable)

Lukas Renggli
>  Thanks, I now have it working in a 3.9.1 image.

Yes, this is also the image I am using.

>  Are there any more instructions anywhere please? In particular, I don't seem to
>  be able to scope it down to just my package. So for example, when I change a
>  single test, which has 11 checks in code critics, to subclass ESLintTestCase, it
>  shows 75 run, 5 passes, 0 expected failures, 69 failures, 1 errors, 0 unexpected
>  passes. Nearly all the checks shown are way outside my package, for example:

Did you have a look at how ESlintSelfTest>>#environment restricts Lint
to a certain package? It might now cleanly work as certain rules only
work on the level of classes and this might give you some wrong hits
for classes that you only extend. This is a bug in my code and should
probably be fixed.

>  Also, I can't get it going at all under 3.10- the method
>  #addToSuiteFromSelectors: appears to be gone from TestCase.

Can't help here, I am on Squeak 3.9.1.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Loading Essential package from Monticello (was isKindOf considered questionable)

Stan Shepherd
Quoting Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:

> >  Are there any more instructions anywhere please? In particular, I don't
> seem to
> >  be able to scope it down to just my package. So for example, when I change
> >  single test, which has 11 checks in code critics, to subclass
> ESLintTestCase, it
> >  shows 75 run, 5 passes, 0 expected failures, 69 failures, 1 errors, 0
> unexpected
> >  passes. Nearly all the checks shown are way outside my package, for
> example:
>
> Did you have a look at how ESlintSelfTest>>#environment restricts Lint
> to a certain package? It might now cleanly work as certain rules only
> work on the level of classes and this might give you some wrong hits
> for classes that you only extend. This is a bug in my code and should
> probably be fixed.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

That's it. I created a ESLintTestCase subclass:
#MyScopedESLintTestCase>>#environment
        ^ super environment forPackageNamed: 'MyPackage'

and subclassed the scoped version for all my test. Now gives just the behaviour
I was after.

thanks again,   ...Stan