Re: Loading the LinearAlgebraBook.morph

Edgar J. De Cleene
Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :

> PS: Doing "Workspace with contents" on the File Manager Linearalgebra1.morph,
> I received the error: "Invalid utf8 input detected". Then I installed your
> fixes: "EventRecorderMorph class-fromFileNamed.st" and "FileContentsBrowser
> class-browseStream.st", but after that, I still get the same error - it does
> not hurt anything in this particular case, but I wanted to mention it as I
> thought these 2 fixes would remove the problem, I am probably
> misunderstanding something.

As I said Milan, you found another 3.9 bug
The fix is the same as before
>> I do not test this case, think what following with the debugger should
>> encounter some place in what send the message setConverterForCode to upcoming
>> stream as in the example I send solve the problem.

And , well, this still is in 7033.
Edgar

FileList-viewContentsInWorkspace.st (700 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Loading the LinearAlgebraBook.morph

Serge Stinckwich-4
Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :

> Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :
>
>> PS: Doing "Workspace with contents" on the File Manager Linearalgebra1.morph,
>> I received the error: "Invalid utf8 input detected". Then I installed your
>> fixes: "EventRecorderMorph class-fromFileNamed.st" and "FileContentsBrowser
>> class-browseStream.st", but after that, I still get the same error - it does
>> not hurt anything in this particular case, but I wanted to mention it as I
>> thought these 2 fixes would remove the problem, I am probably
>> misunderstanding something.
>
> As I said Milan, you found another 3.9 bug
> The fix is the same as before
>>> I do not test this case, think what following with the debugger should
>>> encounter some place in what send the message setConverterForCode to upcoming
>>> stream as in the example I send solve the problem.
>
> And , well, this still is in 7033.
> Edgar

Add the bug and the fix in the mantis bug system or it will be lost ...

http://bugs.impara.de/

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##

Re: Loading the LinearAlgebraBook.morph

Edgar J. De Cleene
Serge Stinckwich puso en su mail :

> Add the bug and the fix in the mantis bug system or it will be lost ...
>
> http://bugs.impara.de/
Yes, I collect all what is relevant to "Invalid utf8 input detected" and
still don't have " send the message setConverterForCode to upcoming
Stream " and remains as bug in 7033.

Short of time ...

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: Loading the LinearAlgebraBook.morph

Milan Zimmermann-2
Edgar,

This is now on Mantis with fix credited to you:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3753

I was rushing and failed to add category and also made a typo, and now I
cannot change either, (which should be changed, I think reporter should be
able to make changes)

Milan

On 2006 May 31 14:00, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene a écrit :
> > Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :
> >> PS: Doing "Workspace with contents" on the File Manager
> >> Linearalgebra1.morph, I received the error: "Invalid utf8 input
> >> detected". Then I installed your fixes: "EventRecorderMorph
> >> class-fromFileNamed.st" and "FileContentsBrowser class-browseStream.st",
> >> but after that, I still get the same error - it does not hurt anything
> >> in this particular case, but I wanted to mention it as I thought these 2
> >> fixes would remove the problem, I am probably
> >> misunderstanding something.
> >
> > As I said Milan, you found another 3.9 bug
> > The fix is the same as before

> > And , well, this still is in 7033.
> > Edgar
>
> Add the bug and the fix in the mantis bug system or it will be lost ...
>
> http://bugs.impara.de/
>

> --                                                         oooo
> Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
> Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
> http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
> Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
>                                                              ##

Re: Loading the LinearAlgebraBook.morph

Edgar J. De Cleene
Milan Zimmermann puso en su mail :

> Edgar,
>
> This is now on Mantis with fix credited to you:
>
> http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3753
>
> I was rushing and failed to add category and also made a typo, and now I
> cannot change either, (which should be changed, I think reporter should be
> able to make changes)
>
> Milan
Very kind.

You found first !

What is important is what could be another place in what UTF input was
managed without send the message setConverterForCode.

So , any what found this error and still is not reported on
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3753, should follow the debugger calls and
chances are what is the same missing " setConverterForCode" the troublemaker

I add the other two fixes for first related bug you found and a note to
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3753.

Very thanks, now Squeak really improve !!

Edgar

Yahoo! Autos. Más de 100 vehículos vendidos por día.
¿Qué esperás para vender el tuyo?
Hacelo ahora y ganate un premio de Yahoo!
http://autos.yahoo.com.ar/vender/