Re: Non-Programmer's Guide to Current Croquet Functionality

1 message Options

Re: Non-Programmer's Guide to Current Croquet Functionality

nick hemsley
While I think it is early days for something like this, I would really
like to see/create this kind of system within croquet itself, I also
have a hard time finding out where & what, even though I have done
some programming in squeak & croquet. At the moment croquet is
evolving at quite a rate, but it seems the only ones doing the
'serious' development are the core team who dont have enough time to
document everything to a great degree.

Although I doubt I will get into this any time soon (work takes alot
of energy atm), I am interested in creating a kind of structured wiki
to leverage the collective knowledge forming around croquet. Something
that allows ad-hoc structure to develop
(wiki), but also guided walk-throughs within this ad-hoc structure to
ease the initial learning curve. Also the ability to leave functioning
demo's/code that people can look at & play with, without needing to
copy & pase a whole lot of code from some tutorial website.

Otherwise, have you looked at the DMU tutorials? while they might be a
bit over-the-top, there is alot of information there.

0.02

Nick