Re: [Pharo-dev] LibFFI/NB Cairo External Module Not Found debugging

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] LibFFI/NB Cairo External Module Not Found debugging

Guillermo Polito

Andd... maybe we want to discuss this in vm-dev and not in pharo-users :)

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 9:46 PM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

some Windows users are repeatedly running into Pharo failing to load Cairo library on Windows (see stack screenshot at the bottom).

The problem is that I have no idea how to even start debugging this.

Is there some documentation on how Pharo loads libraries via FFI on Windows that I can start digging into?

Note that the library is definitely present, as this happens only occasionally -- it can be fixed by restarting PC. But I cannot reasonably ask users to restart just because Pharo decided it doesn't feel like loading a library.

Any pointers / docs / ideas appreciated.

You can see the actual code from

?

Thanks,
Peter