Re: [Pharo-dev] Mapping key Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Enter

Re: [Pharo-dev] Mapping key Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Enter

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)

13 is the magic key to give 'enter’ as input in terminals
(if I remember correctly)

Ben

On 17 Feb 2014, at 11:54, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Someone knows(remembers) why Ctrl+Enter is mapped to keyvalue 13
I would expect Ctrl+M to be mapped at this value.

Ctrl+l -> keyValue 12
Ctrl+Enter -> keyValue 13
Ctrl+n -> keyValue 14

I miss
Ctrl+M -> keyValue ????

(see Fogbugz issue 12103  shortcuts for tools)

(I vagualy remember this is related to the VM and there was
a reason for doing so, but don't know it anymore)

regards
nicolai

Re: [Pharo-dev] Mapping key Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Enter

Ben Coman

Nicolai Hess wrote:
Someone knows(remembers) why Ctrl+Enter is mapped to keyvalue 13
I would expect Ctrl+M to be mapped at this value.

Ctrl+l -> keyValue 12
Ctrl+Enter -> keyValue 13
Ctrl+n -> keyValue 14

I miss
Ctrl+M -> keyValue ????

(see Fogbugz issue 12103  shortcuts for tools)

(I vagualy remember this is related to the VM and there was
a reason for doing so, but don't know it anymore)

regards
nicolai

Probably more than you wanted to know...
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/267586.html
http://www.everything2.org/index.pl?node=control%20codes
cheers -ben

Re: [Pharo-dev] Mapping key Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Enter

Guillermo Polito

Hi Nicolai!

which event are you listening to? Which platform? :)

Keyup and keypress behave indeed differently though they use the same data structure (the event buffer array) to send the event from the vm to the image. Some fields that are valid for keyup are not for keypress and vice-versa.

Cheers,
Guille

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:01 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nicolai Hess wrote:
Someone knows(remembers) why Ctrl+Enter is mapped to keyvalue 13
I would expect Ctrl+M to be mapped at this value.

Ctrl+l -> keyValue 12
Ctrl+Enter -> keyValue 13
Ctrl+n -> keyValue 14

I miss
Ctrl+M -> keyValue ????

(see Fogbugz issue 12103  shortcuts for tools)

(I vagualy remember this is related to the VM and there was
a reason for doing so, but don't know it anymore)

regards
nicolai

Probably more than you wanted to know...
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/267586.html
http://www.everything2.org/index.pl?node=control%20codes
cheers -ben

Re: [Pharo-dev] Mapping key Ctrl+M and Ctrl+Enter

Nicolai Hess

hi Guille,

platform: Windows.

actually I don't know which events :)
keyup/keydown/keystroke?

It is how pharo dispatches events for global shortcuts ctrl-o + ctrl-w opens a Workspace.
ctrl+o + ctrl+m should open a monticello browser, but this one doesn't work.

debugging HandMorph>>handleEvent:
shows (pharo and squeak)

ctrl-w handle event
(keyvalue->event)