Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo application packager for OS X

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo application packager for OS X

demarey

Hi,

In addition to the previous email, I found the source code of the javapackager wrapper: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev/jdk/file/6df3a2267733/src/macosx/bundle/JavaAppLauncher/
Python does almost the same thing: https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/py2app/src/b69e0ee6546ab157969524dd12858a8988bd0658/py2app/apptemplate/src/main.c?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default

They use a shared lib

I would like to have a small utility to easily create an OS X application out of a Pharo image.
Other languages hav such tools like javapackager[1] for Java or py2app for Python.
Basically, these tools provide a small executable that manages arguments, is able to find the language runtime in the app bundle and call a function from a dylib that creates and run the VM (see [3] and [4]).

Could we do the same with OpenSmalltalk VM (embed it as a lib and run it from another exe)?

Regards,
Christophe

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/unix/javapackager.html
[2] https://py2app.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
[3] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev/jdk/file/6df3a2267733/src/macosx/bundle/JavaAppLauncher/src/main.m
[4] https://bitbucket.org/ronaldoussoren/py2app/src/b69e0ee6546ab157969524dd12858a8988bd0658/py2app/apptemplate/src/main.c?at=default&fileviewer=file-view-default

Pharo application packager for OS X

demarey

Sorry for the first email where I forgot to remove useless stuff!

Here is my question: