Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo on a Raspbian

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo on a Raspbian

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Jean Baptiste Arnaud <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 18 Jan 2014, at 09:09, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

One of the problem we are thinking about now is the FFI on ARM (alien or not alien)….
+1, we need to think the, best solution is to have NativeBoost on ARM.
We need an agreement between, time to develop and usage.
Maybe first I should fix Alien or FFI. Then one day, port Nativeboost on ARM.

Did you see the thread on vm-dev about the ARM FFI?  When I wrote the FFI-replacement ThreadedFFIPlugin (which is the standard FFI plugin in Cog) I added stubs for ARM and PowerPC.  I hope that Doug McPherson is going to be able to fully implement these stubs.  If you're interested perhaps you could collaborate?  I'm confident that the effort involved in getting this going is a week or two at most.  Days for someone who well understands alloca and the ARM ABI.

On 17 January 2014 22:59, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Who is JB ?

Jean Baptiste Arnaud. The invaluable asset in any team :)
The hacker who without any help configuring & compiling VM on raspberry.

Oh, for real, I'm flattered.

Good to know.

Thanks Jean-Baptiste !

Best Regards