Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Nicolas, Hi Marcus,

On Mar 15, 2018, at 4:05 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 15/03/2018 10:31, Marcus Denker wrote:
[...]
What I would like to have is a way to count “currently running images”.
But I guess adding that by default (like all mobile apps now do) would not
be wanted.. but one could add some config option.

spotter has it and nobody complained as it is off by default (not sure how much people turned it on)
<Screenshot from 2018-03-15 12-02-08.png>

If the spotter packet was also a "are there updates (image and/or vm) available?" request then
- it could be on by default
- it would give as well as receive :-)

Of course it should work in the background and not slow down image launch, and it should fail silently if there is no network connection.

nicolas
--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille