Re: [Pharo-dev] Sista & Pharo 7

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] Sista & Pharo 7

Ben Coman

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:28 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is Sista operational in the latest Pharo 7 builds?

What is the plan for Sista in relation to Pharo 7?

On 14 June 2018 at 13:53, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Latest release is on Pharo 6 (https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/sista-open-alpha-release/)
That's the release where the published benchmarks happened and where multiple developers got involved.

No plan to release on Pharo 7 alpha. Ask again once Pharo 7 is released.

Repository is in migration though, I migrated to github earlier this year, but with recent changes & new organization, I think the repository will be merged with open-smalltalk-vm repository. Documentation will be merged too, so it's going to be easier to build images and matching VMs or move code from VM-side to image-side or the other way around.

I think questions related to Sista should be on vm-dev since there are only alpha releases (i.e. no interest for non VM developers).

Thanks for the quick response.
I had some strange behaviour where method A in a loop was calling method B, and a halt I added to method B wasn't triggering.
I wondered might Sista be in the default Pharo 7 image, but your answer clarified that its not - its still alpha.

cheers -ben