Re: [Pharo-dev] Working OSProcess configuration for Pharo 6 release (please)

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] Working OSProcess configuration for Pharo 6 release (please)

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Cyril, Hi Alex,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:08 AM, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Clément
>

> That was a mistake of mine.  In the current VM it now answers e.g. 1011.6 and so things should be working again.

Hi!

The problem is that the stable vm does not have the fix and the
current latest vm is **reeeeeeeeally* slow. It happens at least on
OSX. I don't know if it is a known problem or if it comes from the
opensmalltalk build or the pharo build.

I found and fixed the problem just now. See

opensmalltalk-vm/Cog
commit f54456fc05c1846bb7e553c6ff5fec9f700abdae

Author: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
Date:   Wed Jun 21 11:17:25 2017 -0700

    CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2244

    Spur: Fix regression in VMMaker.oscog-eem.2237.  sufficientSpaceAfterGC: must
    compute heapSizePostGC using totalOldSpaceCapacity instead of the old broken
    segment-insensitive endOfMemory - nilObj, otherwise as soon as a segment is
    added it's quite possible that there will be a full GC after each scavenge.

So the latest VMs should be back to normal.

I got the VM here: http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/mac/

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr