Re: [Pharo-project] About preloaded packages

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-project] About preloaded packages

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I would favor push metacello so that in one click people can load what they >want.

You already can. Push the config to the Metacello Repository for 1.2 on
squeaksource.com and use the configuration browser. You can then load
the config or the lates version with a few clicks.

yes, but that's not a gurantee that the package will work. You never know if the last version is the correct one in the Pharo image where you are.
Dale developed the symbolic versions, definfin, for example, a stable, depending on the pharo version.
I suggest that all projects commited to such repo, has defined such symbolic versions: stable, bleeding edge, blah.
And then, adapt the configuration browser (new buttons?), to load any of those symbolic versions.

cheers

mariano

There are questions left/to discuss ... but at least that works already.

Bye
T.

BTW: Squeaksource is down today