Re: [Pharo-project] ConfigurationOfPetitParser has broken #'common' section

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-project] ConfigurationOfPetitParser has broken #'common' section

Frank Shearar-3
On 9 February 2013 13:38, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Frank Shearar-3 wrote
>> Even though I haven't nailed the offline loading, given that this
>> configuration fixes the described issue and works when you _do_ have
>> an internet connection, who should I talk to about getting this merged
>> in?
>
> This sounds like a more general Metacello issue, no? I remember Dale and I
> did some work on this last year... maybe mention the problem you're having
> on the Metacello list... may be fixed already, or be a valuable addition to
> MetaC...

It is, in the sense that (last time I checked at least), Metacello
doesn't separate the defining of the structure of something and
locating that thing.

If I may use Maven or Leiningen as an example, a pom.xml or
project.clj file only defines the logical structure of something. You
don't ever say "and this is where you get this" except in profiles,
which are independent of the project specification.

But in the sense of "PetitParser's ConfigurationOf's #common stanza is
a bit broken", it's not a Metacello issue, but an absent owner issue.
When I've sent Lukas fixes before he's told me quite clearly that I
should be sending them to the Pharo list, but... who's going to
actually review/apply/reject this fix?

frank