Re: [Pharo-project] Spanish Mailing list for Pharo

Re: [Pharo-project] Spanish Mailing list for Pharo

garduino
We will welcome all the people wanting to talk about Pharo/Squeak/off
topic also :) on SqueakRos in Spanish!

2009/11/25 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>:

> Dear List,
>
> Currently there is no dedicated mailing list for Pharo for Spanish
> speakers. After some discussion with Edgar Cleene, we can use the
> Argentina Squeak mailing list for dicussing about Pharo in Spanish. I
> do not see an immediate need for creating a new mailing list.
> SqueakRos has many participants and is widely known.

> You need a yahoo account to register, but you can then register any
> arbitrary email address to receive and send emails.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: [Pharo-project] Spanish Mailing list for Pharo

vonbecmann
thanks for being so understanding!.

a beginner.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the same. A good number of us can communicate on English and
> don't have problems asking on the international lists, but exist another
> universe of people, starting with Pharo/Squeak, most of them students
> that prefer to have a beginners list on their own language.
>
> Just an opinion.
>
> Cheers.
>

> 2009/11/27 Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>:
> > 2009/11/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> >> Sorry Alex, I wanted to speak with you about this in Smalltalks 2009 but
> >> couldn't find it.
> >>
> >> My personal view is that I am not sure if it would be good to have a
> Pharo
> >> in Spanish mailing list. Why ? Most of the Argentinian (and I guess
> others
> >> spanish countries also) people speaks english. At least well enough to
> >> communicate. And even more nowadays where you have google translate and
> all
> >> that stuff. So, maybe those you are not use to speak english they do a
> >> little effort. With this, everybody can read those emails. If they are
> only
> >> sent to the spanish lists, only those people will read it. And maybe the
> >> answer was in an another guy.
> >>
> >> In addition, if someone cannot write english at all, then the mailig
> list is
> >> spanish is a good idea :)
> >
> > I think it's very important to have local Smalltalk mailing lists.
> > It's easier for beginners to speak in their native language.
> > Not every one is a core Pharo developpers, some people are just plain
> > users that want to expose their problems.
> > In french, we have only one mailing with all the Smalltalk flavors.
> > You can talk also about specific needs for example the translation of
> > books in your language or some local events.
> >
> > --
> > Serge Stinckwich
> > UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> > Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]
> > http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Re: [Pharo-project] Spanish Mailing list for Pharo

Edgar J. De Cleene
> thanks for being so understanding!.
>
> a beginner.

Well, I try to help as usual.
And keep in mind this group do not have rules , we talk about all in
Spanish.
I stick on Squeak and do not use Pharo , so my answer is  as 3.10 Release
Team man and SqueakLightI, II ,MinimalMorphic.

Edgar